Round 2: Ice Cream

Charles woke up with a searing pain on his head.

He remembered how he failed to protect his little brother. Seeing him so broken, vulnerable and fragile after someone framed him. Moreover, he let him do it alone. Yesterday they send him to study abroad. He tries to convince him not to leave but he insists that he needs it to find himself again. With a heavy heart, he wishes his brother the best of luck on his decision.

His tears began to fall.

"Why are you crying?" Lucas asked him to snuggle even closer. His arms wrapped around him. They have hit each other in the past and not even a single drop of tear was shed.

Charles did not respond. He let Charles cry his heart out, he wanted him to let his emotion flow Lucas knew that at this point he needs someone who will be there for him. He needs to be that person. When the tears run out and the sniffing stop Lucas realized that Charles fell asleep into a deep slumber. He wanted to help the poor guy, but he is too stubborn as always, he is shutting him off every time.

Lucas looked at him dearly, memorizing his face and the expressions that it is making even in his sleep. He asks himself how he fell for someone like him. Dismissing his thoughts, he went to the shower to cool off.

When he returns, Charles is nowhere to be found.

He immediately checks every corner of his condo unit but not even a shadow is left there.

Charles left him without a word. Sighing he just fetch fresh new clothes and get dress; he is very irritated for some reason. He is not satisfied with how he looks himself on the mirror with the ensemble he is wearing. Lucas drop himself on top of his bed where the scent of Charles is still lingering.

He has been staying like that for quite some time now. Thinking that Charles never had any sort of feelings for him and that the first time something did happen was a sort of mistake. His head is thinking nonstop, and his heart is breaking obviously.

Sadness, frustration and loneliness is seen on his face all at once when the doorbell suddenly make a sound and keeps on going. Lazily, he stands up and check who it could be. His heart got excited when he saw Charles waiting outside from the peephole. He swings the door open and pull Charles inside in an instant.

"Where have you been?" Lucas can't help but ask him the question

"Where have you been?" Lucas can't help but ask him the question. "I just bought something I'm craving for!" He answered shouting back at him while pointing at the plastic bag he is showing in front of Lucas. "You could have at least wait for me or left me a note!" Lucas retort back. "What's wrong with you? I just went out for a little while, why are you making a fuss? Besides I don't know where to find the pen and paper for the fucking note!" Charles said, his patience is almost snapping with how their conversation is going. "I'm sorry! I'm just too worried I guess." Lucas calm down. "I am here, I went back." Charles mumbled while his face is all red out of shyness, cannot look at the guy in front of him.