Chapter 11

When I stepped out of the bathroom after doing my make up Josh wolf whistled at me.

"What?" I laughed.

"Looking good!" he grinned.

"How is this looking good?" I asked, gesturing to the bath robe he let me borrow.

"It's what's under it that's better." he teased.

I rolled my eyes at him but played along. "Under this dressing gown..." I said in a sultry voice but paused for a second before I went back to my normal tone. "I'm wearing two pairs of leggings, one of which is thermal, cos it's so bloody cold."

He laughed loudly. "I did not expect that!" he laughed.

"Go and get your shower, loser. You're running late." I told him and gave him a little kiss.

I got dressed and did my hair while he was in the shower, singing some rock song. He was still singing when he returned with a towel around his waist and drying his hair with another smaller towel. He looked at himself in the mirror and grumbled things.

"I don't like my hair short." he grumbled. "I don't look like me."

"Your longer hair was lovely. All those curls." I smiled. He looked at me quizzically which made me backtrack. "I mean, I'm sure your longer hair is lovely. I haven't googled you. No."

He gave a little laugh. "Dig upwards." he smirked. "It's ok. I looked through your Instagram. You and your brother look really alike."

Luckily my awkward reply was saved when there was a knock on the door.

"That'll be the dog sitter." he said.

"I'll get that." I said.

I let the dog sitter in and made conversation about Sweeney. She knew him so there wasn't really much to update her on. I packed up some of his toys for the night and gave his head a scratch to say goodbye. Josh ran through, buttoning up his shirt, to kiss him goodbye before he left.

"I love you." he cooed and kissed Sweeney's face again. "Be good!"

I smiled at his soppiness over his best friend.

"I'm glad Josh has finally met someone good." The dog sitter smiled as she was about to leave. "He's told me all about you and he really likes you."

Josh blushed furiously and tried to laugh it off. "Well, I suppose I should keep her now she knows where I live." he mumbled but couldn't look at anyone. "See you tomorrow."

After she left he scurried off back to the bedroom and I could hear him grumbling to himself. I followed him and watched him from the doorway.

"Well, that was adorable!" I smirked.

"No, that was embarrassing." he groaned.

"I think you like me." I teased like a child.

"Don't make me come over there!" he threatened and rolled his eyes. "You know I don't."

"I think you like me a lot." I giggled.

He crossed the room to me and pinned me against the door frame. "I don't like you." he said with a hint of anger. "I love you." he added and kissed me firmly.

"Oh, that's a good song lyric." I pointed out. "'I don't like you, I love you.' It could be things like that like 'I'm not impressed, I'm amazed.' You know, when you think it's going to be something bad but it's better."

"By George, I think she's got it!" he gasped, imitating My Fair Lady.

He grabbed my hand and lead me through to the music room where he gave me a pen and note book then sat down at the upright piano. He'd sing ideas, tweak them and then tell me to write it down.