Chapter Seven

I glanced at the clock above the white board; school could not go any slower. I especially straightened my hair out this morning for my evening date with Trey.

“So don’t hesitate to ask me for help on this project” Mrs. Larson concluded as the last bell of the day rang. I grabbed my bag and rushed out the door almost knocking everyone down. I put my stuff in my locker and headed to the student parking lot in the back where Trey told me to meet up with him earlier.  I took a seat on the curb.

“Hey Gen” Sydney called as her and Michael walked passed me. I squinted against the sun and waved in her direction. The sun was beating down on me. I wiped away the row of sweat that started to collect above my upper lip. I began to get up when I felt two hands cover my eyes. I took both hands into mines and turned to see Trey standing over me, smiling.

I stood up.

“Hey” he said extending his arms out for a hug.

“Hey” I leaned in and hugged him. I closed my eyes and took his scent in. He smelt so good, I could stay in his arms forever.

“You ready to go” He signaled me in the direction to the parking lot. I did as I normally do after school and went straight to my parking spot.

“Hey, this way”, he called behind me. I forgot to ask him if we were taking his car or mines. “Don’t worry, I asked your girl Sydney if she could take your car for you”. Trey added. I smiled at him. Now I understood why Sydney had asked me for my keys during lunch. That sneaky bitch.

We walked over to his Range Rover.

“Sorry about the mess! The kids are always leaving trash in here” he said picking up papers from under my feet.

I furrowed my eyebrows. He has kids! I don’t know how I feel about this! I don’t think I can be step mom if things end up going good between him and I. He sat down and looked at me.

“I coach little leagues football sometimes after school” He pulled his seatbelt over his shoulder. “I offer rides to the kids who need one” he clarified as he started his engine.

I sighed in relief in my head. He was perfect.

He reached over and turned on the radio. Nicki Minaj’s Beez in the Trap quickly filled the speakers in the car. I looked over at Trey to find him bobbing his head to the beat. He looked over to me and smiled. I smiled back.

That is what we did the rest of the way there.

“Let me get that for you” Trey suggested as he walked over to the passenger side. I unbuckled my seat belt and stepped out.

“Thank you” I looked up using my hand as a shield from the sun. “Uncle Bens Ice cream Shoppe” I read. Trey took my hand into his. I felt my heart jump a little.

“You’ve ever been here before?” he asked leading me in.

“No. Never heard of it .”

“Good”

We walked in. It was really small but cute. There were cute little booths lined along the walls. Music from a juke box filled the Shoppe. There weren’t that much people so it was very quiet. We took a seat at the farthest booth.

“I have never been to an ice cream Shoppe where the customers can order right where they sit” I said picking up the menu.

Trey chuckled in response.

I looked over the menu twice. There was so much to pick from. I turned to call the waitress over when a loud couple caught my attention. They were dying laughing, obviously about something hilarious. I looked over my shoulder. Shit.

It was Stacy and Chris.

I quickly turned back around. They could not have seen me by the way they were bent over laughing. I looked at Trey whose focus was still on the menu.

“I think I want the … CHRIS?!” Trey called.

What? what was going on?

“Trey” I heard Chris call from behind me. Trey got up. This cannot be happening right now.  “What are you doing here?” Chris added giving Trey a half hug. Trey nodded in my direction. I followed Chris’s gaze until they stopped dead in mines.

 ****Sorry for this really short chapter! Dont forget to let me know what you guys think :)