Chapter 1: Circumstance

Black Rock Shooter, a weapon with nothing to fight, nothing even remotely fun to do, and nowhere interesting to go. She did her daily routine without fail. A simple thing that consisted of getting up, scavenging, and going back to the area she now resides. She's already traveled the world, eliminated most everything hostile, done all there is to do. She was bored, the ancient, decayed tunnel was interesting many years ago, but she had searched every nook and cranny of this place.

Today was different, however, unexpectedly exciting. A blue portal opened, out of nowhere, startling BRS. She had immediately summoned her blade, the black katana shining in the limited light afforded by the moon behind her. A head of white hair eventually popped out of the portal, looking around quickly. "This does not look like the place I was trying to get to..." The white-haired girl pouted slightly, before her eyes laid on BRS, the red orbs widening in shock, the girl's mouth falling open. Then, after a decent clash between eyes of red and blue, she shook herself of shock and stepped out of the portal, slowly approaching BRS. Putting her hands in the air, she stopped moving towards her and decided to speak. "Hey!" She started, before sighing.

"I'm White Rock Shooter, WRS for short, can you tell me your name?" BRS hesitated as this, narrowing her eyes and lowering her blade slightly. "...Black Rock Shooter..." Her voice was nearly too soft for the other girl to hear. But upon hearing it WRS smirked widely. She reached out to the raven-haired girl with one hand. "Come with me, there's a place for us weapons. I'll wait on you, so grab what you need." BRS hesitated once again at the girl's statement but relented nonetheless. Grabbing her long coat and a few personal items she felt she couldn't leave behind, and stood in front of WRS.

The portal was an interesting experience for BRS.. if interesting consisted of retching horribly.  WRS offered nothing but an apologetic smile, saying that she'd get used to it.  BRS was obviously not keen on this and considered leaving, but felt as if this was something she had to do.  Years upon years of loneliness and killing must've taken its toll, but BRS was quite alright with the way events so far were turning out, if hesitant and painful.  They exited the portal and BRS took a quick knee before raising her head and looking around.  Pristine silver architecture greeted her eyes, the floating parts that made up a wall that appeared to move ever so slightly in pleasing patterns.  The space itself seemed to be another portal, much to BRS' dismay.  Drones that matched the surroundings flew around swiftly and with purpose, some stopping to scan the architecture that was oh so pleasing for some odd reason.

One of which, a floating ball that shared the same graceful silver curves as many other drones, along with the architecture, stopped to observe the new girl.  It flew in closer, the plates shifting to allow a single optic to peer through, scanning the blue-eyed girl before looking at WRS and softly beeping, seemingly for confirmation.  WRS offered a nod to the drone, the optic looking down for a moment in thought, beeping once again before taking its place to the right of BRS.  WRS gestured to the other girl and began walking towards a pillar with a purple and black aura seemingly being exuded from the strange object.  As they approached, the drone which followed BRS dutifully flew over towards the pillar, a much larger angular drone appearing from a flash of light, shifting its plates to allow a singular optic through the thick, silver objects.  The drones seemed to have a conversation without words nor beeping, the larger drone, presumably used for combat and defense, turned to BRS as the protective plates shifted back into place, compacting the drone until it fits into a slot on a flat portion of the pillar, the midsection curving inwards and opening, shifting into the flat portion.  Revealing an angular black blade, larger than BRS' katana, this blade, however, seemed to emit an aura of pure power, waves upon waves of the oppressive black aura seemingly forcing drones away and making WRS visibly recoil.  the white haired girl slowly walking to the blade before gritting her teeth and gripping the hilt.  BRS meanwhile did not feel the oppressive aura, instead being drawn to it.

Walking towards WRS and grabbing the hilt, she pulled the blade free and felt the aura fuse with her own.  WRS smirking before bowing her head.  "Welcome home, it has been many years since anyone found another of our kind.  We may very well be the last." BRS looked confused for a moment, the blade working on restoring previously lost memories that had been made over the millennia.  The memories began to trickle back, BRS remembers training with WRS, trading blades and having mock duels.  Teaching the next generation of their kind... She remembered the fall of the defenders of the material realm, but most of all... WRS interrupted her thoughts, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder.  "It looks as if you remember.. sister."