THE OTHER GUY

Author's Note: And another request! This one is short and soft and it's just filled with heartbreak. Hope you like it! I enjoy feedback. Thanks! Enjoy loves! M

Concept: Harry cries over his sister's best friend.

So are you coming over for dinner?

Harrrry!

Answerrr

I read Paige's texts. I stared down at the texts, feeling too uninterested in her to answer. Actually, I was interested in her. Just not that interested in her to want to continue to date her. There was some other girl I did feel that way for though.

"You better answer her" I heard Y/N say. "It's not nice to keep a girl waiting"

I looked up from my phone to see Y/N standing next to me.

Y/N. She was that other girl.

It was also her birthday.

I locked my phone, shoving back into my coat pocket.

"I'll answer her later" I told Y/N. "And happy birthday"

"Thanks honey" Y/N said in a playful tone. "Gemma and Robert have been spoiling me all day"

"Well, that's what happens when you're friends with Gemma" I said to her.

Y/N smiled at my joke.

Yes, Gemma and Y/N. They were best friends and still are. Gemma met Y/N in her senior year of university and became friends instantly. I met Y/N at Gemma's graduation and I had to admit, I felt weak in the knees while first meeting her. I continued to feel weak for her whenever Gemma brought her over over. Although I knew I never would be able to date Y/N for plenty of reasons, particularly because she was my sister's best friend, I still felt something for her. Something that I didn't feel like I had when I dated other girls, including Paige. My feelings for Y/N grew stronger when Gemma started to date Michael. Not surprising, Y/N became the third wheel whenever she was out with Gemma and Michael and of course, as much as Gemma swore she would never bring me along with her friends, she had no other choice. Ever since then, Y/N and I became close friends. She came to my concerts, had dinners with me and accompanied me to other outings. She became the person I soon needed in my life. I fell in love with her. I fell in love with Y/N.

All the other girls in my life couldn't compare to her. The other girls weren't good enough compared to Y/N. The only problem was that I wasn't good enough for Y/N. Her announcing that she was dating Robert two months ago implied I wasn't good enough. So, of course, I tried to move on with Paige. But I couldn't. My feelings for Y/N grew stronger as I tried to move on. Now, I stood here with her. Hiding the secret that I loved Y/N at her birthday party. I was lying straight to her face.

"Just don't tell Gemma I said that" I told Y/N. "I don't need her to tell-"

"Anne?" Y/N finished my sentence. "The sibling rivalry must be that intense huh?"

"You have no idea" I answered, playing into the joke.

Y/N let out a chuckle.

"Y/N!" Gemma called for her.

We both looked to Gemma who was standing with and pointing at Chloe. Y/N and I both knew she had to go to talk to her. We both looked to each other.

"Enjoy the party, H" Y/N told me. "Take a shot or something. I'll be forced to have one"

"Thanks" I said. "Good luck with them"

Y/N smiled at me. She gave me a playful wink before walking away to Gemma and Chloe.