tears

tears

"Hey, you alright, Megs?" My bestfriend, Aaron who was sitting indian style on my bed beside me, asked me, rubbing my shoulders with his thumbs to calm me down. I was in bed, hugging my knees near to my chest and just cried there like there was no tomorrow. "You think I'm alright after seeing my own boyfriend kiss another girl in one of the classrooms in school, huh?" I slightly yelled at him, before I can even stop myself.

Jesus Christ, we dated for like 2 years now! And he just easily threw that all away? Love does hurt.

Even in the most unexpected times in life. People would hurt you. I just want to get away from all the pain. I want my sorrows to end.

He jolted back with my sudden outburst. "I'm so s-sorry, Aaron." I immediately apologized. I buried my head on my knees trying to hide from everything that was going on in my life.

I need a stop button of my life. I just wanted everything to slow down!

And just what I said, some things are just unexpected.

I suddenly received a warm and tight hug from my bestfriend who was always right there, when I needed him the most.

"Its going to be okay. I'm here, aren't I? Besides, I know the feeling of not getting whom you want to be with." He beamed at me. I tried to fake a smile but it just wouldn't crawl up.

I wrapped my arms around his back and cried on his chest. I just let it all out. I feel so safe when I'm in his arms. This is such a different feeling from that stupid boyfriend I had, Tristan.

And its a good feeling. Like, I don't want to pull back. Unfortunately, we did.

"When I see that bastard, I'd surely beat the crap out of him for making my bestfriend cry." I laughed at his statement. Aaron had never been involved in any violent fights. He's a very good guy. He wouldn't dare hurt a fly.

"Yeah, right. Sure you will." I said sarcastically. I wiped my eyes with the sleeve of my sweater I was wearing. I sniffed and repeatedly blowed my nose on my handkerchief.

"Of course I will! I'm doing it for you!" He showed his muscles by extending it like he was an international model or something. I cried in laughter this time and not in pain.

He sure knows how to make me happy.

"Keep smiling. It suits you." He said without hesitation. I blushed a little. He will never change the gentleman he is.

"This smile only exists when you're there for me." I smiled at him.

"Those tears better be extinct or else you'll have to treat me to dinner at Buffet 101." He chuckled and squished my face with both of his gigantic hands. I did the same with his and we looked insanely hideous.

We laughed as we stared at each other's faces and evetually freed from each other's grip.

You don't know how much a simple guy could lighten up your day with making you laugh and let you forget all your worries and problems.

I was blind. That the guy for me, was already standing infront of me since Day one.

But, if we get together we would have problems and challenges to face. So there is a tendency wherein he could possibly leave me and I would lose the most important person in my life.

Besides, he probably doesn't feel the same way.

I decided not to tell him what I really feel about him. Its the only way to stay connected with him. I guess its better to be like this. Nothing more. Just bestfriends.

"Oh well, since its night and my mom allows me to go out. Why not take a bite in Buffet 101, A? I wouldn't take a no for an answer." I giggled. Obviously he won't take down my offer.

It was food.

He smirked. "Who said I was going to say no?" He stood up and I did as well.

His eyes unexpectedly landed some parts on my face and furrowed his eyebrows. Is there something on my face?

"Hey, those tears break me piece by piece." He wiped my cheeks. I didn't know that tears were falling as I was drowning in my own thoughts awhile ago.

"I don't know what I would do without you." I cupped his cheeks.

But I do know one thing.

There will never be an "us".

-----------

I tried cx ~maegan