1.1

This is for you, my lovely Violet.

I can feel it, it's over for me. I've officially been kicked out of heaven. I have caught feelings for you. Today I sat in my usual spot on the bus, secretly watching as you stepped foot in the bus. Your cheeks had a rosy colour due to the harsh December weather. You looked so beautiful in your black furry coat and knitted grey beanie. As usual, I had to adapt to my surroundings so I put in some earphones and looked out of the window, just in case the day arrived you'd start seeing me and I wouldn't come across as some creep just staring at you.

Of course, I'm here to protect you, but I'm also here because I was taken too soon from this world and I want to start appreciating earth as much as I can, in a way that I didn't when I was still alive. You just stood there for a second, staring into the distance. Someone seemed to startle you by telling you to move. You sat down in a random seat and tried to hide your blush with your coat. Cute.

Every day for the last two years, I have protected and admired you. I don't understand how anyone could hate you. Your beautiful long brown hair flowing smoothly over your shoulders, your petite body making every article of clothing look even better, your big and beautiful green eyes staring right at me. And then I realized, you were actually staring at me. While biting your lip and eying me from top to bottom, a blush crept back onto your cheeks.

I had to know, is this really it? Are you really looking at me? I cracked a smile and there it was, the change in facial expression that I dreaded every single day for the last two years. Your eyes grew wide and you quickly looked away, putting in your headphones, laying your head back and sighing heavily.

I didn't dare to look at you for the rest of the ride. I'm speechless. I have one year left to live and then it'll be done for me, forever.

This may all sound very confusing to you. Well, I don't blame you, because Violet, I'm your guardian angel. I hope to be able to explain this to you in real life when the day comes, but if I don't, let me elaborate in this journal.

When one turns 14, he or she is assigned a guardian angel. Guardian angels are often angels taken from this world too early. I, Hero Fiennes-Tiffin, was 18 when I got into a car accident and didn't survive.

I am dedicating this journal to you. I have caught feelings for you, which is strictly against the rules of heaven. I have one year left to live as a normal human, but after that, I'll be permanently erased from existence. I want to spend my last year loving and cherishing you. I'm writing this all down for you because I want you to remember me after my passing. Maybe visit my brother and tell him about me?

Anyway, this journal is for you, Violet. To know that you were loved.

Very truly yours, Hero.

GUARDIAN ANGEL
©️All Rights Reserved