Broken Promises- Kookjin

The hospital bed was empty, sheets neat, room clean like nothing happened? Where could he have gone? The young twenty- seven year old looked everywhere in and about the room but found no one. Where are you? He hung his head low as a tear escaped his puffy red eyes. No sleep. Please come back, his mind pleaded to his lover when suddenly he heard the voice he loved the most. "Come here my love." The figure in the bed smiled and gestured for the latter to come close. Another stream of warm tears in the harsh cold- winter flowed down as he sobbed uncontrollably.

"I missed you," he choked his sobs when the figure started to appear clearer and touched his milky white skin who longed for the sensation. "I thought you were gone." He finally completed after a moment of stare into the youngers eyes. The younger boy chuckled as he saw his elders loved- filled eyes which begged for him to stay longer and his guilt deepened making him unable to look into the latter's beautiful orbs. Stay strong. he reminded himself.

"I'm not leaving anytime soon dear, I'm too young to leave-" He was cut off when suddenly the man in front of him, wrapped his thin arms around his muscular figure.

"Don't say that, please, it scares me." The young boy ran his fingers through the soft locks of his lover as the other hugged him tighter as if never wanting to let go. I'm sorry. The patient in bed wept silently when the latter started cuddling closer, humming their favourite song.

"Seokjin, I'm hungry." The younger wanted to change the topic as soon as possible to give Seokjin comfort and he nearly succeeded but the elder begged for the feeling to last longer. It isn't possible. The younger said to himself. They finally pulled apart and Seokjin wiped his tears giving the sick boy a pleasant smile.

"Oh, oh, yes! I brought you food but you weren't here so-"

"It's okay, I'm here now, aren't I? What did you bring me?" The boy named Jungkook brightened his mood as soon as he smelled the delicious air. And his stomach growled, breaking the two into laughter. The older fed they younger with affection, not to mention the intervals of tears that did not let him stay happy and enjoy the moment.

"Why do you keep crying? I said I wasn't leaving anytime soon." Jungkook frowned watching the beautiful male sobbing uncontrollably making him want to turn back time and change his present. He did not enjoy watching the situation they were in, one bit. Watching Seokjin grow weaker and weaker day by day, he could only look up at the sky and question himself why he didn't take care earlier.

"I'm sorry.. I just... I don't believe you." Seokjin wiped his puffy red eyes and cherry coloured nose putting on a small smoke as he looked at a frowning Jungkook. Stop Seokjin, you'll get hurt, he mentally warned his elder who kept feeding him.

"Believe me Seokjin. But now I think you should go home. I'll be here for around another day and then we can... Go home together. O- okay?" The young boy closed his eyes refraining himself from breaking into tears at once and hug Seokjin for as long as he was allowed to. Seokjin shook his head listening to the request made by the latter and protested, "No, never. Not again. I'm never leaving you alone, I was was almost frantic with worry when I-" Seokjin took a moment to catch his breath and gulp, leaking tears involuntarily.

"You're making it hard for me.." Jungkook mumbled to himself but Seokjin caught a few words and felt distraught. He opened his mouth to say something but his voice was stuck in his throat as if something was holding him back from questioning.

No, he thought and without hesitation, latched himself onto Jungkook making them both fall onto the hospital bed. "Pleas.. Don't leave m-me." Seokjin cried his heart out. "I can't live without you." Jungkook, at this moment knew he could not hold his emotions any longer and wrapped his arms tightly around Seokjin's petite figure and howled. "Please. Plea-" The howling boy only hugged Seokjin tighter shutting his eyes as tight as he could and wanted to die then and there for causing this much pain to the one he loved.

He longed for those three words which meant nothing to the world today but would mean the world to him if spoken by Seokjin. He wanted to confess his love to the elder but before he could, fate decided to play with him. And now here they were. Bawling, latched onto each other like magnets and unable to speak anything. Sweat covered their bodies and faces from the tight embrace they both never wanted to end. Just one day, Jungkook wished just one day, he could tell Seokjin how much he loved him and hear those three precious words back but it was not happening. He wanted that so bad but he knew it would never happen.

Moment by moment, he felt his breathing get heavier, the air not being able to pass through his lungs and the weight of a passed out Seokjin in his arms did not help either. He wanted so much to speak but he couldn't. His breathing got harsher and he felt this was his last moment, the end of him. He was breaking the promise. He was dying without the wish coming true. He was leaving Seokjin alone. He was getting what he wished for years ago. Just now, when he met the person who gave him a feeling of happiness and euphoria, life and existence, he was dying. Jungkook sighed struggling with his last breaths laying down on the bed comfortably, pulling Seokjin on top of him with all his remaining strength, stroking his head with trembling hands and pressing his cold white lips to the warm forehead of the latter, whispering, "I'm sorry, I love you." And closed his eyes.

------------------------------------------------

"You broke our promise." Seokjin closed his eyes as a stream of hot salty tears leaked his eyes and he fell with a thud on the ground, hitting his bony hands on the grave resting in front of him. "You really broke our promise. Are you happy now? You wanted to die right? When we met, you were so weak and skinny, so cute and shy. But you always talked about death and wished to die sooner and I wanted you to stop saying that.. But, you kept repeating it. You haunted me with your death every night Jungkook. I couldn't sleep. I was so happy with you. I thought you were too. But look at you. You did what you wanted in the end. I wanted to spend my whole life with you but look at you. You left me forever.... I want to thank you for making me the same as you when we first met. Don't worry love, I'll be there soon enough. I never got to tell you this," Seokjin looked up the name engraved on the stone and traced it with his crooked bony fingers, "I love you too."

[A/N] Kill me now, please
word count: 1218