| eleven |

Reece Winston

Reece Winston

When I'm done telling her everything, I watch the look on her face. Her face brightens instantly as she bounces in her seat like a child. She tucks her black hair behind her ears before leaning forward.

"So you're dating," she concludes.

I shake my head quickly, "no, we're not."

"He literally said you were his," Riley rolls her eyes, "and he's too damn gorgeous to reject."

"Gorgeous or not, he's probably dangerous," I mutter and play with my now empty cup.

"That's even hotter," she fans herself and I chuckle lightly.

"I don't think I should get involved with him," I tell her honestly even though there is nagging on the other side of my brain.

He was attractive, anyone with eyes would agree. Not only that but he was extremely tempting, the very apple your parents tell you not to touch. Let's not even forget that his kisses...they feel good. I blush, what am I even thinking?

Sometimes I didn't even know what I was becoming. I would've dismissed him entirely but now my brain decided to start making up reasons why it wouldn't be that bad to be around him but I couldn't help it. He was like a drug and at first little dosages are satisfying but as the days roll out, you begin to crave more.

That's why this situation was becoming bad. He was a drug I shouldn't be taking and I should really cut it off before the addiction begins to creep in but I knew when I saw him again, when I looked into those eyes of his I'd be sucked back in even deeper than before.

"You're life is so boring, Reece. The only thing you do for any type of excitement is play chess—"

"Chess is exhilarating!" I defend myself with narrowed eyes.

She rolls her eyes and crosses her arms, "what I'm trying to say is this guy will give your life the spice it needs."

"I don't need spice in my life," I mumbled.

"Do you, Reece but don't be petty or bitter when you're forty and look back to your youth only to realize you didn't do shit," she says bluntly and doesn't give me room to say anything which meant the conversation was over.

She stands and grabs her cup as well as mine to throw away. I hated when she'd do this because it made me believe that she was right even though there was this nagging feeling that ate up at me. I hardly knew Greed so what made it safe to even be involved with him?