Chapter 12

When Jacob pulls into the parking lot of the building, I start to cry.

They won't do it if I tell them I don't want to.

They know it is my choice.

Right?

I'm sure they won't force me to go through with this.

I don't want this.

This isn't going to happen.

These people aren't going to force me to do this.

They know that it is my decision.

Not his.

They won't give me an abortion if I don't sign the papers, if I say no.

He grabs my hand and drags me into the building.

He pushes me up to the counter where the lady asks us questions.

When she ask for me to sign I refuse.

I don't want to do this.

So I'm not going to.

"Estella, sign the paper." Jacob demands.

"No." I refuse.

"Estella, sign it." He repeats.

"I don't want this, I'm not signing the paper." I says.

"We really can't do anything, she clearly doesn't want this, and it is her-" the receptionist starts to say.

"This is what she wants." He snaps at the receptionist.

"Clearly, it's not, and we aren't going to tolerate you being here trying to make her decisions for her, so if I were you, I would leave now." She threatens.

"Fine, but you will be hearing from a lawyer soon." He tells me before starting to leave.

"Don't worry, I have that covered already." I tell him as he leaves the place altogether.

After he leaves the receptionist gets up and exits the office.

"Are you okay?" She asks me.

I nod in response.

"It's okay, you're going through a lot, you'll be okay. I know things are going to be hard, but you'll be okay." She assures me.

"I know, I just, I just hate him." I admit to her.

"I could tell, I knew something was up when I saw him dragging you in. He shouldn't be forcing you to do things." She tells me.

As if I didn't know that.

"I know that, I've been trying to break up with him for almost four years, I never even agreed to dating him." I explain.

"Have you thought about getting a legal team involved?" She asks.

"We are, it's just hard, especially because of this whole pregnancy thing." I tell her.

"I understand, but you knew that it is up to you. Whatever happens should be up to you. Now, I don't want to assume to much, but don't let him have his way about this to, I can only assume the worst, but I'm getting a vibe that this was a one sided choice and it was his, you should have a say in the outcome." She tells me.

"I know, I want to keep my child, but I don't want him anywhere near it." I explain to her.

"Just do whatever you can and win this. Good luck." She says before giving me a hug.

At that I leave the building, Jacob's car is already gone.

It is comporting to know that I am not alone.

My first instinct is to call Parker, but as I am about to, I rem where I am.

I don't want him to know that I'm pregnant.

He can't know.

Not yet at least.

He's going to find out.

Just not yet.

So, I call my dad instead.

The second I get into my dad's car, he's hugging me.

"It's okay, Es." He tells me.

"I know, I still can't believe he thought they would actually do anything without my consent." I say again, I already told him the details over the phone.

"He's definitely not the brightest. But I think it's about time to get serious about the legal matters." He tells me as he begins to drive home.

"I know, I just, I don't want to have to tell all these people what I've gone through. It's bad enough that I have to tell grandpa, let alone a court full of people." I tell him.

"Estella, it's going to be hard, but I think it's what's best.

"It is, I want him in jail, or at least away from me forever. I want my life back." I tell my dad.

For three years, I have been trapped in this endless cycle of abuse and torture, and I am ready to break that.

I am ready to leave all the negativity in the past and move on with my life as I want to.

I want to be able to reside my child in a happy environment, where they are loved, and cared for, and treated well.

Not abused and thrown around as I am.

I have sat on the sides lines for far too long, o need to fight back.

I am getting my way.

I am giving my child a life, a future.

I am going to get everything I deserve.

And Jacob is too.

I know how messed up the legal system is.

But I also know that my grandfather is going to do everything he can to help us, he is going to make sure we win this.

I am going to get the future I deserve.

My child is going to get the future they deserve.

And for once, I'm going to be happy.

"Estella, you know all of us are going to do all we can to help you, we are going to make sure that you get everything you deserve." My dad assures me.

"I know, thank you." I tell him.

"Estella, you know that we will do anything for you, especially this, you shouldn't be going through any of this, so we are going to to help you though it as much as we possibly can." My dad tells me as we near our house.

"Thank you, I love you." I tell him.

I am so grateful that I have these parents that will do anything for me.

"I love you to, Es, you know we are always here for you." He tells me, hugging me again.

I keep forgetting to update, I'm sorry.

But I start college in less than a month and I'm ready to cry over it.