Chapter 10: Regrets

She could feel her forehead pounding non-stop with her left leg aching heavily. Anna blink her eyes slowly, adjusting to the morning sunlight that shines from the window at the wall. Gently, she raised her body and realized that she wasn't in her room and still wrapped in a towel that look like it has dark stained on it. She looked around her and found herself at the basement and she frowned, didn't know why she was there at the first place.

Feeling the throbbing pain from the swelling on her calf made her winced. Having fear overwhelmed her makes it even harder for her to just sit there so she decided to stand up and limp her way towards the door. Anna tries to twist the knob on the door but it won't budge and no matter how hard she tries to hit the door even with her body, it stays closed. Her body gives out as she falls on the ground and tears flow down her cheek. She hugs her knees to her chest and cried.

Everything that happen, she couldn't' grasp it. She doesn't understand why all of this is happening to her. Was it all Brahms doing? Did he do this to him? But why? She tells herself that he was already dead. And if she remembers correctly, she loved Brahms and Brahms love her. Doesn't he?

Anna tries to convince herself that her attacker last night was a person, a human being but the horror she felt last night, what frightens her even more that the thing that might have disturb her wasn't Brahms but HIM. What if HIM was the one that disturb her? She hugs herself tighter and continue to cry.

She didn't realize how long she had cried until the sound of thunder echoes from the outside. She raised her chin and noticed the small window on the wall in front of her and it gave her hope. Summoning all he strength, she limped her way to the window, hoping to maybe climb her way out or call out for help. Alas, her hopes shattered seeing the window was too high for her and it was impossible to even climb outside seeing her leg was in a bad shape.

Anna then decided to shove the small window with a broom yet her effort was futile as the window was heavily shut and refuse to budge. Slamming the broom aside, she cried for help. Even her voice was getting hoarse from the shouting so she decided to stop and just step away. Her pain, fear and anger consume her. She can't help but slammed on one of the cupboards aside and shove some of the broken chairs near her. Even worse, the sound of her sobbing was drowned by the heavy rain and it makes her even frustrating knowing her plea of help won't be heard.

Anna became disappointed and for a moment, she was about to give up when she hears a sound coming from outside the door. She steps closer to listen carefully.

"Hello, Miss White. Are you there? Hello?"

It was a sound of a man and Anna gasped. With all her strength, she slammed the door, over and over to get his attention.

"Hello! You there! Please, help me! Please open the door. I..I'm trap. Please help me. I'm W..hite. Lilliana White. Please!"

She begs over and over again. Her hope rise when she hears him approaching the door.

Anna backed away and relief washes over her when a man who look about in his middle 20's is standing in front of her.

"Oh God! Are you okay miss? What are you even doing down here? Why is this door even locked? Are you alright?"

The handsome man with blue eyes and dark hair asked.