five| tight clothing

Somehow during the week I had been convinced to come to this bloody party, don't get me wrong I want to meet new people but at the same time I'm awkward; until the drink enters my system and I suddenly become one of the most extroverted people you will ever meet, I'm basically two-faced when under the influence. I'd told Ellie that I didn't want to go but she, of course, insisted that I come with her because she doesn't want to be alone.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Ellie asked out of the blue, did she really need to ask? If you took one look at me you'd notice that I didn't have a boyfriend. I shook my head in response.

"A girlfriend?" She asked and I shook my head. "No. Why?" I replied curiously as to why she wanted to know about my non-existent love life, as she rummaged through my side of the wardrobe to find something suitable for the party.

"Just 'cause I have a feeling that Mr Zachary may have a thing for you," she teased with a wink, I scoffed in response and shook my head. I barely know the guy how can he possibly have a thing for me?

"No offence Caoimhe but your party gear is shit. . ." She chuckled, I know I should be offended but I really wasn't I knew exactly what she meant. Then again I never really went to parties and when I did I would always wear a pair of jeans and a baggy jumper because comfort is key when surrounded by drunk teenagers.

"I don't know what to wear, I never really partied back home," I shrugged with a light laugh, Ellie was now scanning over every inch of her side of the wardrobe— which may I add had some very beautiful designs and prints that I couldn't pull off and would refuse to do so. "I can tell," she laughed and pulled out a shortish skirt and a low cut top.

"Try this." She offered and pushed the clothes into my chest with a proud grin, you see, the clothes were lovely and no doubt would look amazing on her but I, I would look like Shrek in drag. I'm not tall but I'm taller than Ellie by about three or four inches and I'm pretty fat.

After I'd wiggled my way into the skirt I walked out of the bathroom to see Ellie stood there with the biggest smile on her face, I sighed and turned back around, the skirt and top fitted me perfectly but I just wasn't sure if it suited me and my looks. "Nu-uh Keith get out here! You look stunning!" She beamed, I turned back around reluctantly and sighed again. Also who the hell is Keith?

"I feel like a beached whale. . ." I whined as she pushed me out of the dorm door with chuckles. "Well you look like a fierce tiger, the lads won't stop looking at you," she winked again and smiled offering me a piece of chewing gum. What was she suggesting? I took one anyway and we then hit the road, much to my reluctance.

Maybe this Oliver guy didn't really think it through don't get me wrong I understand the whole purpose was to have fun and what not but we could barely get through the door, it was surrounded by already drunken and maybe even high teenagers with another drink or cigarette in their hands.

After we managed to squeeze our way through the crowd of people, Ellie dragged me through to the kitchen, which was very hard to move in, down to the pure fact it was the same size as our bathroom.

Judging by the number of people here I'm guessing that this guy was popular or the people he invited brought a plus one without being told they could. I glanced around the area; the living room had a clear glass table in the middle with a medium sized leather sofa at one side and a leather chair at the other whilst the window overlooked the lit up city of Manchester. Despite my observations, it was hard to make out what everything else was considering the sofa had about three couples necking each other and the floor area had people doing all kinds of weird dances.