FIVE

For MagicTurtlez_: I haven't written in months, but for you, I spent all day getting this done <3  Unedited but I'm glad that someone is still reading :)

A- Report

"Fix your tie, Dr. Green. It's crooked." Owen's mouth dips in irritation.

Sean frowns, and shuffles back to the mirror in his condo. The tie is indeed crooked, but the crookedness just adds character and he decides not to fix it, much to Owen's dismay.

"If I fix it, we'll be here all night and we'll be late to our meeting." Sean smiles at Owen impishly, "And I know how much you hate being late."

"What happened to those clip-on contractions I got for you the Christmas before last?" Owen asks halfheartedly as he checks his bag to make sure he grabbed the right files and wallet for their meeting at the hospital.

Dr. Phillips was quick to ensure their meeting was scheduled for the earliest possible time, and the taint of suspicion deepens in Owen's mind. Something about this is important enough for Dr. Phillips to tend to with a vigilance not seen in a lot of other tasks. 

"I gave them to Silas. He seemed much more interested in them than I, so I re-gifted them to him for his birthday. Something about his big fingers tying themselves into knots made the clip-ons seem like an interesting solution."

Owen nods, not surprised at Sean's thoughtfulness but more surprised he hadn't thought of it himself. He makes a mental note to himself to pick up a few more of the accessories in prints more suited to Silas's personal tastes.

A glance at the clock has Owen throwing on a light cardigan and tossing Sean his own jacket. 

"We need to go. We really are going to be late," Owen grabs his keys and both men hussle to Owen's BMW. 

"What do you think they're like?" Sean asks after a few minutes of slow jazz hums over the radio. 

"I don't know. All I know are rumors. I can't image how Mr. Phillips knows them." Owen responds.

"He made it sound like he did something to them. Something life-altering." Sean twists his mouth in dismay. "It makes you wonder..."

"I'm not sure it's our business," Owen shrugs. "The Lockheart family is known for upstanding citizenship, but I've heard their son was a doozy of a character. All that doesn't matter, we'll have to come up with our own opinions."

"Yeah," Sean grins, "I'm looking forward to meeting the notorious Auroura Diana. Talk about rumors."

"Yes." Owen throws a dark frown at Sean, "Rumors we should keep out of our minds when talking about their sixteen-year-old daughter."

"But come on," Sean turns his whole body to direct his amazement at Owen's person, "Do you think their daughter is as accomplished as her predecessors?

"I don't know. I guess we'll find out." 

Owen and Sean fall silent, minds falling to other subjects. 

As exciting as it is that they're meeting the Auroura Diana, their team has been going through a lot recently and this impromptu meeting is more a burden than an exciting treat.

Gabriel and the attack. Nathan and the mission that went sour a day or so ago. Kota and now his mom. A new issue with Silas and North. The continuing saga of issues between North and Luke. The only one seemingly not having issues is Victor, but that's only because he's been with his parents touring Alaska and hasn't been around for the drama.

A situation came up a few days ago, and it's been nothing but fights and awkward conversations since. Kota was supposed to be here with them, but his mom has been getting steadily more resistant to let him run around like she used to.