Night🌕

The moon rose above the mountain & Douglas was right with it drawing on the roof of his house as he heard his parents fighting again. His mom screaming for his dad to get a job & to step up & be in Douglas' life, honestly he rather he disappeared completely. Douglas' dad drank... sometimes it was like a daily routine for his dad drink, yell, drink, yell some more. It was just annoying for him. He heard his mom scream for him. He was surprised this was a first for him they usually yelled, his dad left and that was the end of it. He came down to see his dad was gone and his mom was packing. "Pack your stuff we're leaving" his mother informed him.

"What?.... wh— where will they go?" he asked concerned and confused at the same time he wanted this but, he felt slightly bad... then again he didn't it was best they got out before his dad actually got physical violent.

           "We're going to Cali where you aunt Suzie is" his mom said as if she was planning it for a long time. Aunt Suzie was Douglas's favorite aunt and his mom's only sister. "Now go pack he'll be back soon" his mom warned him & he nodded running upstairs after years of this he could finally leave.... he wanted—no needed this. School wasn't helping either just another reason he wanted to leave.

              After a hours he came down with his mom writing a note a few tears leaving her eyes he felt bad for her.... he felt at one point his dad was a good man... but after he lost his job he just turned so bitter, cold, & just unbearable to deal with. He blamed Douglas since he drew on his very important papers & grew to resent his own son forgetting he was even there in the first place. Forgetting his birthday. Just being a horrible person in general. Douglas pretended to come down as his mom kissed the letter, taking the keys & leaving to Cali with Douglas.

               Fast forward 3 months to now Douglas is getting ready for his first day of high school. Trying to forget what happened in middle school. Things didn't work out for him as he hoped but things were gonna get better. That's what he kept telling himself at least. He looked in the mirror at his messy black hair & sleep deprived blue eyes he smiled trying to look like he was happy but it didn't help. He sighed heading downstairs to see his mom sleeping on the couch with her computer closed. She was writing again.. he kissed her forehead, making her & himself some breakfast. He took a piece of toast, with a plastic thermos filled with black coffee, with some sugar in it to keep him going through out the day.

                  He put in his headphones as he started his walk to the school it still relatively dark out when his favorite song started to play he sang to it softly having a smile on his face.

*play the song now*

                   When he arrived at the school the sun was above the horizon when another boy was rising up. His song was still playing he went inside to see his aunt in her office. "Ahhhh Douggieee~" She hummed & hugged her nephew he smiled tiredly & waved he'd had become mute since he with his mother left his dad. "Still not talking huh?..... well I know you hate talking to others so if anything happens to you I'm here" she reassured him he nodded & she gave him his schedule. Sending him off to his classroom.

                When he arrived he set up his bag against the locker and shut his tired eyes. As minutes turned into hours he was awoken by someone clearing their throat. He jumped & almost cursing when he saw the male teacher "Sorry to scare ya man just wanted to let you know the doors open" Douglas nodded, still trying to calm his heartbeat as he rose up entering the class seeing a boy with sandy blonde hair & freckles he just sat down & put his head down until the bell rang to start class.

                 When class started he rubbed his eyes to see another guy sitting next to him & the boy with sandy blonde hair sitting in the front of the class. Douglas sat to pay attention to the teacher as he announced the two new students him & wait... CYRUS?!?! His heart beat quickening again how did he find him ? Why was he here? He still barely recovered from last year. It was horrible he just wanted to leave it all behind but guess not. Douglas sighed softly and ignored him he wasn't worth his time no one was. As soon as the bell rang he practically ran out of that class being in Cyrus's presence gave him horrible anxiety. He went to his next class and sighed happily no one was there and he didn't see Cyrus follow him.... he was now all alone.