Chapter 1

Adalia

"FUCKKK" I immediately jumped up and ran to the other room as I heard my mother scream As I burst through the double room doors I witness her slouched over holding her side is what it looked like.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?!" I asked as I rushed to the side she was holding. Last year my mother was diagnosed with cervical Cancer, the doctors didn't catch the cancer in time and she's currently in stage III.

"yes lia I'm just having sharp pains" she said as she stood there still slouching.

"I hate to see you in so much pain knowing there is nothing I can do to help you but here come lay down and tell me what I can get for you and I'll go and get it to save you the trouble" I said as I guided her back in the bed.

She smiled and replied back "I was going to make lunch for you but I guess since your doing something for me you can make breakfast for yourself instead."

I quickly gave her a glare and laughed "I'm not even hungry but thanks anyway did you need anything?" I asked as she made herself comfortable in the covers.

"No thank you sweetie I'm just going to rest a bit" she replied back as she shut her eyes.

I walked over to place a small kiss on her forehead "okay I love you let me know if you change your mind." I said as I soon walked out the door while turning off the room light.

I had been staying a night here at my mothers house to make sure she's okay the past few days have been tougher than most for her. I jumped out of my thoughts as I heard my phone ringing, running back to the guest room to see my best bitch Zaierra FaceTiming me.

"Liaaaaaaaa" she screamed as the ft connects successfully.

Laughing I mimicked her "Zaiiiiiiii" I replied back.

"I miss you, I haven't seen you in forever your school is taking up all of my time." She said back while putting on a sad face.

She had to be kidding right? She practically lives with me I just haven't seen her the past few days but we always talk. "Wowwww Zai I see you everyday except these last couple of days because you know ma isn't feeling well but I miss you moreee you need to stop by and see us." I replied.

Her mouth instantly grew big as she dramatically placed her hand on her chest she replied "I know lia mean ass did not just say she missed me what is the world coming to"

I instantly started laughing and sucked my teeth, she is so pettyyyy.

"But no I will stop by later today and I heard tonight there is a party being thrown at club litt at 10 you wanna go?" She said while doing a lil dance.

I really don't know if I want to go I wanna make sure my mom is good and I don't feel like running into any females that's going to start something up about nothing as usual, but I did want to get out the house due to the constant load of stress and plus it'll be fun. I smiled and did the same dance as I replied "yess we can just get dressed at my apartment since you'll be there anyway."

She laughed "Okay I'll see you guys soon im gonna come by in an hour or two love ya" she said as she ended the call.

She always does that she never says bye and hang up the phone she says love ya or okay and disconnect the call. I decided since she's coming over I'll make a quick run to the store to get some snacks and some green tea for my mom since she was running low and would need some soon. I got up off the bed and played NBA Youngboy 38 heights as I looked in my draws for some black leggings and a white tube top. As I found it I quickly put it on slipped on my Gucci tiger slides and threw my hair in a bun, grabbed my phone and keys off of the night stand and made my way to my 2016 Mercedes Benz. I pulled out of the driveway heading to the nearest Walmart. This place is always packed there is never a good time to come here I thought as I killed the engine and getting out. I know Zai hungry ass would want some chips and dip as always so I made sure I went and got that for her and just continued to put small stuff in the basket as I attempted to stand on my tippy toes and grab the strawberry yogurt granola bars.