Chapter 2

The breeze carried the Dojo's scent as I hopped out of my ship and landed on the dojo's floor. I looked up and already saw Jay talking to Eskimo, both chuckling while chatting away. I took off my Frost helmet and began to sneak away with my loot. I got out of the landing area and crept through the hallways, my green suit standing out to the silver walls. I was looking down at my relic while walking and wondering what I could get from it. Making a sharp turn towards the bedrooms, I bumped into someone's chest and fell backwards. I hopped back and saw Samurai towering over me with his brown hair messily resting on his shoulders. His serious yet perfect baby blue eyes stared down at me.
"A-am sorry I didn't mean to bump into you Samurai," I stuttered at first but got my shit together quick.
"No it's fine," he shrugged and stared at my relic, "that's a Lith M3 relic," he plainly stated. I nodded and offered it to him to examine. He picked it up from my hands and studied it for a few seconds. "What are you trying to get out of this exactly?" He asked and I just shrugged while staring at my relic.
"Nothing in particular really, just wanted to go in the run that Eskimo and Jay were on," I bluntly responded. He stared at the relic for a few more seconds then handed it back before patting my shoulder and walking past me. I watched him walk off towards the landing area. Probably going on a run to gather more supplies for more weapons and frames. I kept heading towards the bedrooms area and saw my green/black door. I unlocked it and walked in, but stumbled in by almost tripping on junk I had on the floor. I sighed and kick it against the wall and placed the relic on top of my desk then head butted my bed. The sheets were soft and smelled like some of Earth's flowers, but couldn't remember which flower. I begun to doze off hugging my pillow, and felt the darkness creep into my mind.

The blue flames surrounded the crater I was in, beyond the flames was the the pitiful darkness, prowling and snarling at me. I felt myself begin to quiver and I curled up to try hide from that sinister darkness. I heard a thud of someone landing in front of me, and when I looked up, I saw Aj, except she had tears flowing down her face and she was battered badly. I tried scream out for her but no noise came out. I saw a dark figure with a large blade stand over her small figure as she wept, and it held the blade over her. I tried to scream again but still no noise and all I could do was watch the blade come down to bring her swift demise.

I jolted upward and gasped for air, but no matter how much air I gasped in, I felt like I was choking, choking on the darkness. I heard someone banging at my door once I came back to reality, and I pushed the sheets and blankets off me and unlocked my door swiftly. I swung it open and saw a dark figure like from my nightmare. Before I could react the darkness disappeared and it was Eskimo standing there with concern written all over him.
"Are you okay??" He blurted out and started examining me.
"Yeah am fine, why what's up?" I asked as I awkwardly let him look around me and tried to calm my heartbeat.
"It's just I heard you scream, and thought maybe you were getting ganged by an assassin or something," he explained and I felt my face heat up from embarrassment.
"No am okay, just had a nightmare was all," I explained while trying to calm myself down from both the embarrassment and nightmare I had only moments ago. He looked at me with pity and sadden eyes now, his hazel eyes piercing into my soul. I flinched and looked away from his gaze and I felt him wrap his arms around me and squeeze lightly. A hug, he hugged me and at first I didn't hug back, I didn't know how to react, till I hugged back but tighter and buried my face into his chest. "Thanks.." I muttered while letting the embrace go, the comfort soon leaving after the warmth.
     "Don't worry about it, I have nightmares too," he warmly smiled before patting my head and leaving. Part of me wished he didn't have to go I but knew he should.