Number Forty

WHO WANTS A DOUBLE UPDATE TO CELEBRATE HARRY'S 25TH?

QOTC: Who watched the new Netflix series 'YOU'? I did and fuck. Wow im-

• Chapter Forty •

"They can't do this!" I bellowed into the speaker of my phone "Yes they can, it's part of their job" Simmons elaborated and I slammed my hand on my desk "They cannot take Noah away from me. He's all I have" my voice broke towards the end but my frustration grew. Social services has threatened that if I don't get married within the next year, Noah will be taken away from me. What bullshit is that? "I know that Harry but there's not much I can do" she sighed "I'm his legal guardian, shouldn't that be enough for them. Can't you make some kind of clause so they can't take him away from me, ever?"

I promised Madeleine and to Oliver that I will do everything in my power to keep Noah safe, with me, and in comfort. No piece of paper can take him away from me but that doesn't mean I'm going to marry someone. Sighing to myself, I leaned back in my office chair as thoughts about Anna flooded my mind. I felt myself smile at that, remembering the occurances of this morning. She's my girlfriend. I repeated the sentence in my head, Anna is my girlfriend. I never thought I'd say that.

Ever since the first day I saw her, she somehow used her smart mouth to entice me into this trap that I didn't even know existed. I'm not usually one to fall for a girl that easily, actually I don't even stumble on my feet. No girl, and as cliché as that sounds, no girl has ever made me feel this way. I'm not the commitment type, I don't feel the need to label everything. If I said I only asked her to be mine so she'd stop pestering me, you'd think I'm such an asshole but truth be told, subconsciously I did. It's not like I don't want us to be together, I do. The tingling feeling on my skin and fluttering sensation in my stomach, that I feel whenever I'm with her, is something that scares me.

A knock on my office door broke me out of my reverie, "Come in" I said in a clipped tone and walked in Cole. Seeing his face just turned my mood and I clenched my jaw as the reminder of what he and his brother did to the ones I love. "What do you want?" He held two red files in his hand and placed them onto my table "What is this?" I asked him before opening the files "It's for the annual bonus that each employee receives, you need to sign off the amounts" he stated and I nodded. I grabbed a pen and read through the documents before penning my signature.

"Anna" I heard Cole greet, his voice chirpy as a bird. I bit my lip from smirking at her response, that's my girl, I finished off with the files and checked the time. Sighing inaudibly, I dictated her tasks for today and momentarily screwed my eyes shut for the tone I used on her. She probably thinks I'm a dick. I returned my gaze to my desk, my mannerisms may have come off as dismissive but I don't know why, Cole's presence and the burden of social services put me on edge. I'll make it up to her.

Someone's in love. Oh fuck off you annoying voice, no one asked you for your opinion. Anna left my office with a defeated look on her face, I sighed as I pushed the files away. "I must say, you're quite lucky" I stuck my tongue in my cheek hearing Cole's haughty voice "What do you mean?" I stood up from my seat, my hardened gaze never left his. "You're with Anna now, right?" There was this unidentifiable glint in his eyes, an image of me punching the life out of him flashed through my mind. He's provoking me.

"My personal life has nothing to do with you, Cole" I dusted my coat off as I stood to my full height "I bet you can't get her out of your mind right now, can't you?" I used every ounce of my willpower to not gift him a black eye, he continued "I mean, if I was you, I'd never stop thinking about those soft plumpy lips wrapped around mine. Have you felt her skin? It's absolutely soft and gentle, enough to drive any man crazy" Cole smirked and I clenched my jaw, feeling my blood boil inside the confines of its vessels. "Watch it, Cole" I threatened, taking a step towards him "Aw, did I awaken the oh-so famous anger inside of you?" He curled his bottom lip out in a pity pout.

"Honestly, I can't sleep without thinking about her luscious locks tangled in my hands as her silky smooth skin presses against mine. Did she ever tell you about the time we kissed? Honestly, with her body fully dependant on mine as I held her up with her long legs wrapped around me, was a feeling that I can't even describe. She left me insatiable but when I wanted more she didn't want me instead the little slut was with you" That's it. I charged at him with my hand wrapped around his neck, pressing onto the sides as I backed him against the wall. His body lifted and I smirked watching as his legs dangled a few feet above the floor "Say one more thing about her and I'll snap your neck in an instant, you got that?" I growled, my teeth gritted while his face turned blue.

"I'll take that as a yes" I pulled my hand away from his neck leaving Cole to fall to the floor, gasping for breath. He held a hand around his neck where my handprint formed along with the indents of my rings on his skin, a feeling of satisfaction soared through my being. "Go near her again and you will face the worst of me, it's not like you haven't before." I glared at him, my voice dark and void of any emotion. He laughed darkly as he stood to his feet, "All of this for one measly girl?" He held a cynical look to his face "Where's the Harry that I knew? The one that literally left a trail of fucked girls behind him? The one who had every girl fawning over him at a mere glance? You reveled in the attention you got and you know you still have that sadistic side to you, Harry." He questioned in an accusatory tone "Not anymore. He's dead"

With that being said, I then walked out my office, ruffling my hair before pushing it back as I buttoned my coat. I entered my private elevator and within minutes I was speeding through the rush hour traffic. Did she ever tell you about the time we kissed. Those words rang in my head only fueling my anger further. I felt my eyes glaze over in pure rage which made my hands tighten around the steering wheel, knuckles turning pale white while my foot pressed onto the accelerator. Gaining control of myself, I took in deep breaths, I'll deal with Anna - and my sadistic past - later because right now my son is my priority.

Soo, did you like the chapter? If you did, please hit the little star at the bottom and make this writer's day and you'll get another update later on today. I love you guys!

All the love x