〈 004 〉 𝒆𝒏𝒗𝒚'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘 [1]

𝙴𝙽𝚅𝚈'𝚂 𝚁𝙴𝚅𝙸𝙴𝚆;
𝙰𝚂 𝙰 𝙼𝚄𝚂𝙸𝙲 𝙿𝚁𝙾𝙳𝚄𝙲𝙴𝚁, 𝙴𝚄𝙽𝚆𝙾𝙽 𝙻𝙸𝙺𝙴𝚂 𝚃𝙾 𝙶𝙸𝚅𝙴 𝙵𝙴𝙴𝙳𝙱𝙰𝙲𝙺 𝙾𝙽 𝚂𝙾𝙽𝙶𝚂. 𝙰𝚂 𝙾𝙽𝙴 𝚆𝙸𝚃𝙷 𝚂𝙷𝙰𝚁𝙿 𝙷𝙴𝙰𝚁𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝚂𝙺𝙸𝙻𝙻𝚂, 𝚂𝚄𝚅𝙸 𝙸𝚂 𝙿𝚁𝙴𝚂𝙴𝙽𝚃 𝙰𝚂 𝚆𝙴𝙻𝙻. 𝚃𝙷𝙴𝚂𝙴 𝚃𝚆𝙾 𝚆𝙸𝙻𝙻 𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙲𝚃 𝚃𝙾 𝚂𝙾𝙽𝙶𝚂, 𝙰𝚂 𝙿𝙴𝚁 𝚁𝙴𝚀𝚄𝙴𝚂𝚃𝙴𝙳, 𝙰𝚂 𝙵𝚁𝙴𝚀𝚄𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙻𝚈 𝙰𝚂 𝙿𝙾𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙱𝙻𝙴 𝚆𝙸𝚃𝙷 𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴𝚂.

 𝚃𝙷𝙴𝚂𝙴 𝚃𝚆𝙾 𝚆𝙸𝙻𝙻 𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙲𝚃 𝚃𝙾 𝚂𝙾𝙽𝙶𝚂, 𝙰𝚂 𝙿𝙴𝚁 𝚁𝙴𝚀𝚄𝙴𝚂𝚃𝙴𝙳, 𝙰𝚂 𝙵𝚁𝙴𝚀𝚄𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙻𝚈 𝙰𝚂 𝙿𝙾𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙱𝙻𝙴 𝚆𝙸𝚃𝙷 𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴𝚂

"Hi!" Eunwon started

"Hi!" Eunwon started. "We are Envy! En from Eunwon and Vy from Suvi."

"Today we are going to react to the K-POP artist, Wanna One! We heard they had just debuted with the song Energetic a few months ago before our debut." I said, excited to listen to the song.

"Both of us haven't listened to any K-POP songs in case we should react to it. But, if the hype is too much, we would have no choice. Sorry NCTZENs!" Eunwon laughed.

"I'll start it," I pressed the play button on the computer. We had an adapter that let us put in more than one earphone on the computer, so we listened with both plugs on.

The video started with an introduction of all the member's companies. A retro visual came in, and piano started playing. It then transitioned from their acting to the choreography.

"Woah, that's cool," I said in awe. They had been in a position where it looked like one member was playing the piano like in the music, but it was his members.

Eunwon jumped and paused the video, "That's Hwang Minhyun, I'm going to cry!"

I laughed, "I don't know if the fans know this, but Eunwon is a huge Minhyun fan. She has his posters in her room and everything. I'll continue the video."

"Ah, he's handsome," Eunwon giggled, making me fake gag.

Two men start to sing, one I knew was Seongwu and the other Jihoon. "Their voices are amazing.."

"Jaehwan." I slapped my hand on the table. "The only man to ever exist." Eunwon laughed at my comment.

"Here's the build-up.. here it is!" Eunwon said as the music started to escalate upwards, making both of us stand up.

Once Seongwu sang, "Make me feel so high," both of us could barely contain our excitement.

"Yo, I actually kinda like this," I said, jumping around my seat at the beat.

When Sungwoon sang "I'm feelin' so energetic," it was our manager's job to stop us from running around the room.

"Sungwoon from Hotshot and Wanna One, you are doing something - I don't know what but you're doing it!" I pointed my finger at the camera as if Sungwoon was behind it.

"Let's watch it," Eunwon said after finally calming down, "this is way more exciting than I thought."

"Okay, okay. We promise to stop pausing it. But, we are reactors, not watchers. There's a difference."

Only a few seconds later, I had to pause the video once more. Collecting myself with a deep breath, I say, "Jinyoung." And unpause it.

"I'm hungry," Eunwon says quietly as we watch a scene where Jinyoung pours donuts on Jihoon.

When the second chorus comes on, we both are utterly quiet, focusing on the beat. I make a face that showed I felt the tune in my soul.

When Jaehwan's high note became Daniel's rapping, I felt like I had been hit by a bus in my heart.

When the song had ended and the video as well, we both clapped in delight.

"I know we talked a lot, but I noticed a lot of things as I spoke," Eunwon said, "the whole vibe and song was amazing. I could really listen to this for a year."

I laughed. "I actually already know the members because I watched the show Produce 101 with Eunwon, even though she stopped halfway. Near 2:20-ish, the beat was really synth? I guess? I loved how it sounded, it was unique and had so much color in it. I believe Hui from Pentagon and Triple H produced this? I'd love to meet him one day."

"Oh, he did? Wow.. he's a working idol and producing songs for others. If Cube loses him, it would be a great loss." Eunwon nodded her head in her own agreement. "My favorite part was 3:16. There was a mix of that synth upbeat tune, adlibs, and a high note from Jaehwan. Also, the editing and arts in the video were outstanding."

"That's it for positive reviews, now for some criticism!" I said, a little too brightly.

Eunwon bursted out laughing, "Yes, it is time for that. What did you think, Suvi?"

"Well, if you insist we would do this, then all right," I joked. "In all seriousness, when idols have a lack of lines in songs I get pretty angry, especially when they deserve more lines. I noticed that Jihoon, Jisung, and Guanlin were barely present in the song, which made me sad. I could understand why Guanlin had less lines, he was barely getting the hang of Korean so I wouldn't be surprised if he was getting lessons right now. Jihoon is fully capable, he placed 2nd in the whole show, and Jisung has the voice of an angel. I wish they split up the lines properly, seeing as Jaehwan - all though I love him - had over 20 seconds of lines while Jihoon probably had about 3. That's what I think."

Eunwon nodded, agreeing with me. "When companies do not evenly promote members, it's unfair to both the lucky one and the least lucky. Unfair to the lucky one because they are overworked to the bone, unfair to the least lucky because some of them actually crave to be tired."

"What's your intake on all of this?" I asked her.

"The whole thing was amazing. If Hui really did produce this, I'd have to get his signature, too." She kid, "The only thing I have against this song is how I wished the ending chorus was a little longer. I didn't really grab more of a feel towards the idols with the same chorus. Having a repetitive song can sometimes damage how some people see it."

"Yes, in conclusion, Wanna One's Energetic was the debut of the century! The 7th Sense and History can go home!" I waved to the camera, and so did Eunwon.

"We'll see what songs we should react to next time with you guys leaving comments. Stream Energetic and have a good day!"

With that, Envy's Review Episode 1 was finished.