0.2

"We each get one prank, to which we will all apply ourselves fully in order to execute it, to humiliate Luca Denning the way he humiliated us." Alice announced, standing at the front of the study room next to a giant notepad she'd borrowed from her kindergarten teacher mother.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Ivy asked, timidly pushing her hands through the pocket of her hoodie. She'd been dressed like she was mourning all week, wearing her biggest sweaters and coziest leggings like she was getting paid by Victoria's Secret PINK. It was a stark contrast to the intellectual's usual slim-fit khaki pants and crisp GAP button-ups under stylish cardigans.

"The school is slut-shaming us. Someone scratched 'skank' into my locker, and you know why? Because we all thought we were dating some sweet, thoughtful, romantic guy who turned out to be using us for his own personal gain. We're facing punishment for doing nothing wrong, and even though he's the dirty, rotten scoundrel who played multiple women, he's not getting any lashback because he's a successful, white, male athlete." Chloe seethed.

Alice nodded impressively at her best friend from sixth grade. Although Alice had turned the way of books, movies, and fun quirky clothes, Chloe had gotten more into rock music, political campaigning, and advocating for women's rights. She wore her heart on her sleeve with statement shirts, black jeans, and posters around the school, which was admirable but a little more outspoken than Alice herself was. Chloe was empowered, and Alice was more soft-spoken; but when Alice opened her mouth it was always good.

"She's right. People aren't seeing you for your intelligence anymore, Ivy." Sierra spoke up, crossing her arms over her Irvine High tennis jersey. "They're seeing you for your body. You're no longer 'Ivy League Candidate Ivy' you're now just 'Luca Denning's conquest.'" 

"I worked hard to get into those schools." Ivy said quietly, twisting her lips thoughtfully.

"And you earned a better title than the one you're being given." Alice nodded convincingly, uncapping a fat watermelon scented marker. She scrawled Ivy's name across the top of the page before her, brandishing a hand dramatically. "And you deserve to get the first taste of comeuppance."

Her pale blonde head bobbed in agreement, sitting forward in her chair. "Let's give him a horrible fake tan." Ivy spoke definitely.

There was a loud cough as Chloe choked on the coffee she'd just sipped, dribbling a bit out onto the table which she promptly wiped up with her sleeve. "Excuse me?"

Ivy smiled. "It's chemistry! They used to use silver in fake tans because it tints the skin a darker orange, but that's a thing of the past. They use different formulations these days." She explained, then shook her head as if to direct herself back on track. "Anyway, it's really hard to get the tans from silver off your skin because it doesn't just sit on the surface like new tanning formulas, it stains the skin. He'll be orange for a while."

Chloe's lips spread into a giant grin. "He puts Jergens all over his entire body, head to toe. We talked about lotion because I got ashy elbows and he had some to lend me." Her eyes moved from Ivy to Alice, who had the marker poised and ready to write. 

"So we break into his locker while he's at practice, put some in his lotion, and wait for chaos to ensue?" Alice asked, raising an eyebrow and looking between the girls. 

"I'm helping coach today at soccer practice, because she had to move tennis practice to this morning to prepare for their game this Friday." Sierra explained. "I can send a text when I know the whole team is out on the field."

Turning her back to the girls, Alice began to write out the plan on the first piece of paper, finalizing it with a large underline. She stepped back to admire her handy work before capping the watermelon marker and grabbing for the grape one. Pushing the paper back to flip to the next clean sheet, she turned to face the girl gang that she'd pieced together with one simple group text and nodded at Chloe.

"Alright, what's next?"