Part 19

Part 19

The room which wasn't been used from years been opened again as the real owner was back even though not fully. Khushi made him seat on the bed while Jenny was standing beside her with the first kit box.

Khushi: "Did you eat anything..?" She asked softly. Finding only numbness from his end, she told Jenny to prepare his plate while she will bandage his wound. Jenny excused from the room and went in the kitchen.

That's when Sneha came in the room searching for her mother. She tried to find Khushi in another few rooms but seeing the brightness of an unvisited room she took her step near only to find her mother with someone whom she knows. She walked in and saw Arnav whose eyes were closed and on the other hand Khushi was bandaging his wound. He purposely closed his eyes as he didn't want to read or notice any sorrow on those cameral eyes. He has done a lot of mistakes and henceforth he didn't want to ruin Khushi's present life by returning back to her.

Sneha: "Mamma.. What happen..?" Arnav opened his eyes only to find Sneha in front of him. He least expected her to be here but seem she was awake looking for her mother.

Khushi: "Nothing Baby.. Just get some water for Mamma please.." Sneha didn't argued much and went in the bathroom to get some water so Khushi would able to clean the blood.

Arnav: "She look exactly like you.." Cold breeze hit their skins and they do shared an eye lock but it only last for few seconds as Arnav move his gaze on the other side.

Sneha walked in the room holding a small basin and kept it on the side table. She was standing beside her mother and looking at Arnav while Khushi started to clean his wound. Again he closed his eyes avoiding to meet hers. His brow does frown as the water was pricking his wounds. But he didn't let a hiss escape from his lip.

Once done bandaging, Khushi told him to eat and just after having two morsel ofroti he gives up and sleep on the bed.. He was feeling tired and his body were damn weak as the last few hours was a hectic period of his life. He didn't have a proper sleeps and that's the reason he was not able to store any energy in him. Pulling a duvet, he let the slumber took over him. Sneha and Khushi were standing at the corner. They didn't say a word and just let him rest. Tiredness was visible on his face, giving him the space they left from the room closing the door and lights behind.

***********

Sleeping on the bed which once accompanies him day night do brought some peaceful nape within him. The tiredness that he felt seems reducing after sleeping more comfortably. Arnav rubbed his eyes due to the transparent curtain which were probably disturbing his view. He seat on the bed leaning his back on the headboard and suddenly, he saw Sneha seating opposite him on the recliner holding the Barbie which he bought for her on her Birthday.

Arnav was clueless. He didn't know how he should react? Few days back, it was clearly visible that Sneha dislikes his present but today everything seems moving in a different way. They were just looking at each other and this silence was irking Sneha to speak further.

Sneha: "Errmm.. How are you.. Str... I mean Uncle.." She still remembers the scolding she had in the mall by calling Arnav as Stranger. However, these last few days meets in the mall do changed her expectation for this man. She found some tenderness in his touch which she never gets to feel from anyone including Ranveer too.

Arnav: "Much better.." He replied shortly.

Sneha: "You want anything to eat..? I will tell Mamma to prepare.. She is busy in the kitchen.." Arnav nodded a NO with a smile crept-ed on his lip. For the first time ever he was talking with his daughter and that too without any oddness. He could see Sneha was trying to open up with him as their first meets was horrible. "Uncle you always talk less..?" She took her Barbie and seat on the bed beside Arnav.