Chapter 2

Two horses galloped through the night, deep into the forest. Behind one the grass burnt up in fire. Behind the other, a trail of ice. These horses each had two riders. On one horse the king rode, carting his daughter Anna. On the other the Queen rode carrying her daughter Elsa. They slowed down into a mossy clearing filled with boulders. "Help! We need help!" the king cried seemingly to no one. All of a sudden the boulders rolled toward the center where the king was standing. They then popped up, one by one, into stone trolls. The eldest one, Grand Pabbie, came forward. The king showed him his daughters.

"Aah, powerful magic resides in these two." The troll said, stroking their hair. "You ought to be glad it hit their heads, if it hit their hearts...." he trailed off, shaking his head. "let us not think about that now, the head can easily be persuaded." Memories of snow and fire disappeared, turning into playing outdoors in the winter and curling up by the fire, watching it dance in the fireplace.

When the he went over to Elsa, the memories wouldn't change. Grand Pabbie frowned, trying again, yet nothing happened. Right then, Elsa woke with a start. "Wha? Where am I?" Realization came to her eyes as she started to freak out. "Is Anna okay? What's going to happen now?"

"Calm down Elsa, everything is fine." The king calmed her, glancing at the troll with hope.

The troll smiled, "You have great power, which can amaze the kingdom and bring you fame." A picture of a beautiful snowflake and a fire symbol with many smiling faces put one on Elsa's. "But when it changed, her face was scared. Both her and her sister, humiliated and hated. She could not let that happen. She would master her powers.

The king agreed, saying "we will not let that happen. We will lower the staff, close the gates, we will limit their connection with people, even each other."