Chapter Two

Leo finished organizing the books with a sigh, going back to the table to tell his sister about the odd experience. There was a problem with that, she wasn't there. With a small sigh of annoyance, Leo walked back towards the isles, looking for some books on serial killers. He had a class project where he could choose the subject, so he chose a very dark topic that had a lot of information and interesting situations.

He felt like something was off though. Normally he felt relaxed and calm in his safe haven, but he felt tense and on edge. He felt like something was burning into his back, so he turned to look and was met with another shelf.

Shrugging it off, he continued to search for books, his fingers gently skimming over the bindings. Dust came off the old texts, spreading into the already rather stuffy building. Even with the distraction, he felt like someone was staring at him. This made him incredibly uncomfortable, especially because he assumed he was the only one in there. Usually because he was.

He walked back to his table, looking down at the books to see which ones would be ideal to start with. Leo set the books down, jumping when someone cleared their throat.

The short boy looked up quickly, his eyes wide as he froze in his place. It was Damian, sitting there with a bored look.

"I need your help."

"U-Uh... What?"

"You're going to do my project for me."

"I don't know who you think I am. But I refuse to do your project. You can do it yourself."

Damian stood up, walking over to Leo with a cold glare. He pushed Leo down so he was sitting. Damian leaned down growling,

"I'm not asking you to do it. I'm telling you to do it. I don't care if you refuse. You'll do it unless you want to be beaten within an inch of your life."

Leo looked up at him, his eyes wide in fear. He nodded slightly, he was trembling and trying to back away. Damian didn't let him, enjoying the terrified expression that the short male had.

Eventually Damian did leave, causing Leo to let out a sigh of relief as he hit his head on the table, "Stupid..."