Number Three [3]

Wish You Were Here [1975]

Syd Barrett always gets me soft. And songs about him get me softer. [Not really, Syd is the softest] But anyway, WYWH is a 5 track concept album, but its not just about Syd, No.
Roger needs to be a little extra, even if they are only 5 tracks. WYWH also discusses the harsh reality of the music industry. Songs like 'Have A Cigar' discusses more on that.

Each track tells more and more about Syd, the Industry, and how they are connected. 'Welcome to the Machine' is extremely obvious.
But what made WYWH so special to not only new fans, but older fans, were the songs 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond' and 'Wish You Where Here' Written with the sole purpose of Syd.

The story behind this is actually really cool in my opinion. Syd, after years of isolation from Pink Floyd, decided to pay the members a visit when they were recording WYWH.
There is a video on this. For those who want it its called 'Understanding Pink Floyd's WYWH' its by a guy named Polyphonic on YouTube and it goes into grave detail about WYWH and more on the Syd encounter. I recommend it to anyone who would like to know more about WYWH.

I can't remember the first time I heard SOYCD. The beginning was so amazing, and the way it blended into the second part made me feel a little violated. In a positive way. Please don't think I was molested by a Pink Floyd song.

A lot of some of my favorite Pink Floyd songs are from WYWH. I love all of the songs equally, and ranking them would be so hard right now, you have NO idea.

From the story, to the music, WYWH has gone down in history, and is beloved by fans alike!

So for the album of discussion, I give the Syd Barrett Concept album a strong 10