7

The sky was beginning to fade to black, pinks and purples scattered across it like cotton candy. They had just entered Omaha, and so far Fangs had no trouble getting them there like everyone expected. Kevin had fallen asleep a few hours prior, it evident how exhausted he really was. Toni sat in the middle seat next to Cheryl leaning her head on the older girl's shoulder, savoring the little daylight she had left to watch the redhead draw.

Apparently there wasn't enough, because before the Serpent girl knew it, Cheryl was closing her sketchbook and returning it into her backpack.

"Cher, I'm tired," Toni closed her eyes as she wrapped her arm around Cheryl's waist.

Fangs honked the Vista Cruiser's horn since there was no one else on the road who it could've disturbed, scaring Toni who retreated from her position; sitting upright in the middle seat. "Can't go to sleep yet, Tiny. We're going to the fair."

"Well how long is it gonna take to get there?" She frowned, deciding to lace her fingers with Cheryl's to have some sort of contact with the girl.  

Fangs hesitated a moment, checking the map on his phone. The one thing Kevin decided not to go all out on was an actual physical map, scared they'd get lost before they left Riverdale. "Like five minutes."

Toni rested her head back on Cheryl's shoulder, "Enough time for me to take a nap."

"But Toni-"

"Goodnight, Fangs."

Fangs sighed, "There's no arguing with you, is there?"

The boy never got a response from the pink-haired Serpent, considering she had already fallen asleep finding comfort in the Blossom girl.

"Are you at least awake?" Fangs questioned with hope in his voice, the radio not satisfying his boredom.

Cheryl fiddled with the rings on Toni's fingers, "Nope."

The redhead could see a Ferris wheel flashing with various shades of blue in the distance. She was for sure going to get Toni to ride that by the end of the night. Fangs drove towards it, turning left onto a street littered with cars, and people hurrying to be awaited to make memories.

"Wake Toni up, and I'll wake Kevin up?" Fangs parked almost a whole block away from the attractions.

"Sure, Fogarty." Cheryl untangled her fingers from Toni's, gently patting her thigh and whispering her name.

The Serpent girl's eyes blinked open, she buried her head into the crook of Cheryl's neck. "What, Cher?" She groaned.

"Tee-Tee, we're here," Cheryl softly stroked Toni's back.

Fangs had already gotten Kevin up, they were outside sitting on the hood of the car waiting for Cheryl to get Toni up.

"Okay," the Serpent whispered, finally sitting up. Cheryl got out of the car, Toni exiting through the redhead's side.

Kevin and Fangs hopped off the hood of the car, "Took you long enough," Kevin teased.

Cheryl reached for Toni's hand as if it was a ritual by now, intertwining their fingers yet again. "Well we would've been out sooner, but someone didn't want to get up."

"No fair, you can't put all the blame on me. A girl needs her sleep," the group walked down the block towards the fair.

Toni's grip on Cheryl's hand tightened as she saw a guy headed their direction, most likely leaving the fair with his friends, eye Cheryl down.

"You're funny, Tiny," Fangs chuckled, "you slept all day."

"I-fine. You guys win," she pouted.