meeting

It's one in the morning and I can't seem to go back to sleep. It's my first time performing at the Jingle Bell Ball and it's at Madison  Square Garden, which I've never performed at especially that big of a crowd. It's so overwhelming to be receiving the attention I've been receiving from people who love my music. And I'm so tired from the plane ride from Toronto but here i am wide awake overthinking about anything and everything at one a.m.

I decided to go out of my hotel room and go to the top floor of the hotel which I heard has a pretty amazing view of NYC. Opening the door to go out and see the city lights, I hug my jacket from the coldness.

I wish i don't stumble and fail my performance tomorrow. I know going out here in the cold and staying here for a while will definitely help me think clearly but be much more tired in the morning. Oh well.

I look to the city's lights and sigh. "Pretty view, Ay?" somebody from the side says.

I immediately turn around and see Shawn Mendes at the side sitting on a bench with his guitar. He seems to be writing something in a notebook when he suddenly talked.

"Yes, very pretty. Though I still like the city lights from home better." I tell him trying not to be awkward and suddenly start fangirling in front of him.

"Oh yeah, you're also Canadian!" He replies back. How did he know I was canadian? Who told him that? I'm not even that famous to be known as a Canadian by Shawn Mendes.

"How'd you know?" I ask him curiously. i look directly at where he was sitting and leaned on the railings behind me.

"You're Olivia Rose right?" He says. Are you kidding me? Shawn Mendes knows my freaking name. Am I alright? I'm definitely not. And will I be able to sleep again? definitely no.

"Wow, the Shawn Mendes know my freaking name?" I suddenly blurt out. Fuck you fangirl me now he thinks your weird.

"Ofcourse I do. I was actually listening to your new album yesterday. And Man was it good." wow I can't believe I'm getting compliments from one of the people i look up to in the music industry.

"Aren't you cold there?" He asks.

"Honestly am." I reply.

" Why don't you still here with me. It's warmer here trust me."

"Sure." I sat down next to him and I can't believe I actually had the guts to ask him me Olivia Rose Hernandez Tremblay .

"so, What were you doing here before i disturbed you?"

"You didn't disturb me at all. I actually couldn't sleep so I went up here to think and I brought my guitar to give me company. But well, now that you're here I don't think the guitars necessary anymore."

4 a.m. in the morning

I just got back from the roof top of the hotel to get some sleep before my manager and the team of stylists come and fix me up for the show. I can't believe i just spent 3 hours on a rooftop with Shawn Mendes and we had so much to talk about with such little time. We knew we had to sleep for a couple of hours to rest our voice before the show so we both had an agreement to meet at the ball after our performances since I perform right before him and it's pretty convenient for us both.

3 p.m. in the afternoon

I woke up because of a know on my hotel door. I check to the time on my phone and I can't believe it's already 3 p.m. in the afternoon. I immediately go to the door and let my manager and styling team in the room.

"Livi, It's three in the afternoon and you just woke up?" Grace asks me.

"Yes, sorry i think it's the jet lag kicking in" I tell her though it's not. I think it's because of my overthinking and a certain someone who kept me awake till four in the morning.

"Okay, you go take a quick shower and Linda here the make-up stylist will start right after.

After taking a quick shower and washing my hair. Linda immediately starts on  y make-up just like what Grace said. While Linda was doing her work on me, i check my phone for messages I forgot to reply to when I see that I have none I open Instagram and like some fan arts and my friends pics.

After sometime Linda finally finishes my make-up and  I wear my outfit for the performance. We already rehearsed yesterday right after i landed here in New York.

When we arrive at the Madison Square Garden, we entered through the back to skip the papparazi. I spot my dressing room and entered it. While Grace and I waited for me to do interviews to start Linda retouched my make-up.

"Miss Olivia Rose, someone's here to see you." The bouncer said and let the person in.

"Hi, May I enter?" Shawn asks.

"you already have." I say without enthusiasm. I'm bored why not entertain him with my sarcasm, am I right?

"Wow, is that how the world famous Oliva Rose reply to people? How rude of her." Shawn says getting on with my joke.