-9-

Max's pov:

She did it again, she acted like him, it seems to scare her, she must hate that part of her.

I sighed as we didn't get to talk as she sneaked off soon after that Beatrice girl did too, neither wanting to be here.

I had brought the twins home and covered them in a blanket, I smiled softly as I left the house to go to my own.

I raised my eyebrow while looking at the paper taped to my front door that wasn't there before.

I took it off and unfolded it, only one word was on it, the word being 'cliff?', I knew who wrote this so why am I hesitating? Because having someone like Cain close to me scares me more than I want to admit but I swallowed my fear, she isn't him, she would never be him so why am I looking at her as if she was? It is stupid Max.

I dropped the paper on the porch and went to the meeting point.

"Quinn?" I called as I stopped walking, she turned over and zipped over, hugging the living daylight out of me. "What the--" I was shocked and almost yelled because of it but was cut off by soft sobs.

"I'm not like him, I'm not evil, I'm not a monster, I'm nothing like him, I can't be like him." She whispered in a shaking voice as she cried, slowly I hugged her back and sighed.

"You are no monster; you'll never be him." I said softly.

Alexis' pov:

"CAIN!!!!" And still he didn't come.

I frowned, he never left for so long, fuck!

I need to get out of here but how? Even if I healed I am weak right now, far too weak to even fight a vampire.

I yanked on my chains and yelled in annoyance, the sound echoing through the empty dungeon.

I looked up at my hands, the cuffs had already dug deep into my flesh.... Maybe if I...

I took a deep breath and grabbed my left hand with my right on and pulled on the chains before yanking on my right hand and breaking my own wrist.

"FUCK!!!" I yelled, taking a few deep breaths before grabbing the hook to which the chains were fixed with my right hand and pulled myself up, arm shaking badly but did it and sunk my teeth in my skin, tearing flesh away around the broken part before yanking on my arm and tearing it off, one arm free.

"Motherfucker!" I whisper yelled in pain before looking at my other hand and turning in a way I was now facing the wall and slammed my thumb into it, breaking it and it let me pull my hand out.

I bit on my thumb and pulled the bone back into place, I was sweating like hell and shaking too, after half an hour the bone was good and Cain was still not here, I heal much slower since I'm weak.

I grabbed my torn off hand and put the bones together with the ones in my forearm and sat there, it took maybe more than an hour for the bones to fuse back together but I still couldn't use that hand as the muscles and tendons didn't heal...... But I was free.

I staggered to my feet, I need to open the link again, I need to warn them but that would mean Cain would be connected to them again.

I stumbled out of the dungeons, I grabbed the one guard on top of the stairs and covered his mouth as I bit into his neck, drinking him dry, letting the body tumble down the stairs and already feeling better.

I snuck to the library and tried to open the passage but it wouldn't.

"So predictable." I whipped around to see a smirking Cain, I backed away from him. "You really think I'd leave that door open? You must be delusional."

"You, you are the delusional one." I smirked and meant it for the first time in twenty-five years. "The promise is broken, that means I am free!!" I yelled, running at the window with all my speed and smashed through it.

I had one second to think 'fuck' before falling down the ravine, hoping the river at the bottom was deep enough.

It was like all was in slow motion as I saw Cain glaring out the window as I smiled up triumphantly before my back hit the water and the rapids swept me under, deep under water.

Bea's pov:

I was bothered and couldn't sleep, why can't I get her out of my mind for some reason, those gorgeous blood red orbs haunting my thoughts.

"Are you okay babe?" Jeffy asked as I snuggled up to him.

"Yeah just a lot on my mind."

"A penny for your thoughts?"

"It's nothing Jeffy." I smiled, not wanting to tell him some girl I hate already wouldn't let me sleep. "Just stressed about some tests."