Chapter 13

Have you ever worked yourself up by overthinking a situation so much that so many different scenarios run through your mind?

You don't even think logically, your mind just takes over, mustering up the worst possible outcomes.

That's what I did with telling Revon about Ignacio.

I didn't even realise that that's what happened until Revons eyes brighten up so much when he puts two and two together, a sly smirk sent my way and giggles.

"You sly dog, he was your first man, wasn't he?! Spill, I want to know everything!"

This reaction stumped me, but I realised that if I was to have thought about it all logically, I would have thought about how Ignacio and myself weren't intimate for a long time, we were never official, no romantic feelings were shared.

I would have thought about how Revon and I are only learning about each other, and that side of me with Ignacio was a thing of the past.

"You're not bothered about the idea of me still being close to him, regardless of that kind of history?" I ask, wanting to ease my mind so I can relax when telling him everything he wants to know.

"Bothered? Of course not, Babe. Unless when you say close friends, you mean you are still... You know... Doing that - with him, then maybe. Anyway, we have had such heavy topics since I arrived, and this sounds like some tea sipping, wig whipping, gossip"

I stare at him confused by the terms that he uses but I decide to focus on his smile, the giddiness pouring out as he stares at me in surprised happiness.

"Uh, ok, if you say so... Well - as I said, we met during that holiday, was at some bar on the main strip and we only kissed that night, but we agreed to meet again the next day for a quiet drink. Ignacio, I won't lie, he is a handsome man and I had felt drawn to him. The more we talked the next day, the more I liked him, though it wasn't romantic or anything, but I liked him. I didn't and still don't define my sexuality as gay, I honestly don't know what I would label it. I know I'm not straight either, so I don't know, it's still a mystery but that's why I don't label. But at the time, I guess I was exploring? I had never been drawn to someone in that way before Ignacio. At first, I couldn't place it, but after we talked and talked the next day, I really enjoyed his company.

"Anyway, I was in Spain for 2 weeks, we first met on my second night there. Every night we got together after speaking for hours upon hours about ourselves, days passed, and we were getting closer and closer. I'm sure you can guess what went on. Before I left he mentioned that he had been looking at colleges abroad and that this was one location on his list. At this stage my way of looking at him started to change, I didn't like him the same way, but I cherished him more and more as a friend each time we talked while away from each other."

"So you both stayed I contact after you left? I am presuming he ended up coming here for college in the end?"

"Yes, he did. He had become close to Rodney and Summer over in Spain also, and we were, I don't know what we were, but he'd said that he felt drawn to here since he knew people, felt more comfortable. We basically picked up where we left off in Spain, it felt natural at the time. But, for whatever reason, the lust that was once there between us faded, and the friendship I seen in him grew much more. I was never in love with Ignacio, but I did love him. So, I knew what we were doing couldn't continue, though I still didn't want to lose him from my life. We talked, and talked, and eventually, both agreed. Our view on each other was very similar."

Revon doesn't look fazed at all as he moves to sit alongside me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder, kissing my head as he does. "How long did you two last?"