One

{Sherlock's point of view}

Love had always seemed absurd to me. After all, what was the point?
Just so that you won't die alone?
It's pointless really.
I could never find it within myself to love somebody, those feelings were always distant, and it felt like a waste of time to dwell on something as stupid as human emotions.
My mind was too advanced for any type of feeling to phase me.

Except of course the feelings I had for John... as a friend you perverts.
And of course the Woman.
Her mind was almost, if not just as complex as mine.
I desired to get to know the mind behind those beautiful eyes, but as always, life interrupted.

That's how life goes.
Just when you think everything is perfect and lovey dovey, life comes in and snatches it from you.
You get used to that type of thing in my line of work. Just ask John.
You don't have friends or lovers, only acquaintances.
My only friend being John.

I guess you could say love and I are not well aquainted.

Sex however, is a different story.
I've had my taste of pleasure pleanty of times.
Men or women, that of which is none of your business.
The thrill of it all is like the thrill of an interesting case or perhaps a good book.
Riding out the story until you reach the climax.
Pleasure rushing through you, making your toes curl and your skin tingle.
For most, orgasm is their favorite.
Their goal.
But for me it's the post orgasm.
As you lie there panting, senses heightened, the sensation of falling or even flying taking over your body, and the slight tingle that remians behind.

I am experienced in both love and sex.
I've had my fair share of lovesick and sex addicted cases.
Some repulsing (I do refuse to step foot inside a strip club ever again) while others were rather intriguing.

I fear I'm getting a bit carried away now, so I'll cut to the chase.
The following is a case, still ongoing, riddled with love and sex that started in the most interesting of ways.
It began with a stolen piece of art.

It was a typical Friday for me and John. He sat at the desk on his computer, seaching for any interesting cases. While I fiddled with some chemicals in the kitchen, before becoming bored and deciding to play the violin. Until of course, becoming bored again.

I flopped down in my chair, leaning my head back and shutting my eyes as I let out a heavy exhale.

"Find anything interesting?" I asked John, opening one eye and looking over at him.
"Quite a few actually." He replied without looking up from his computer screen.
"Really? What are they?" I asked as I lifted my head up and opened both eyes as my interest had been peaked.
"A young woman was hired to be a full time nanny for a family out in the middle of nowhere and she claims odd things are-"
"Boring! Next!" I shouted, leaning my head back once more in frustration.
"Uhm... A man from Sussex claims his wife is a Vampire feeding on their infant son."
"Really?" I said as my head shot straight up in attention.
"Yeah, he says she has been found sucking blood from the baby's arms and struck his eldest son when he confronted her. He even says she has since locked herself away in her room and has refused to speak to anyone as she claims she is ill."
I sigh heavily as I slouch back into my chair, "The eldest son is jealous of the newborn baby and has made attempts to poison them. The mother sucked the poison from the baby's blood and has been stricken to her room due to sickness from the poison." I quickly explained before lying my head back again, "Solved it without even leaving the flat." I breathed, shutting my eyes.
"Okay, well there's one more if you want to hear it." John said as he looked back at me.
"Fine." I groaned, "Tell me."
John returned his gaze to the computer screen, clearing his throat before beginning to read, "This woman works at an art gallery here in London, her job is to review the security tapes of that day. She says that the gallery has just recovered a priceless vase they previously thought to be lost-"
"Boring." I yawned, interrupting John, "I don't take an interest in art cases you know that."
"Why don't you wait until I finish?" John growled as he shot me a glare.
"Fine." I sighed, "Proceed."
"She says, on the night of the opening, after the gallery was closed, she was reviewing tapes when she heard a commotion in the room where the vase was on display. She checked the cameras only to find that the vase was missing and that none of the alarms had been triggered."
"Now that is a case!" I exclaimed as I jumped up from my chair, startling John with my sudden actions, "How recent was it?" I asked as I leaned down and peeked over John's shoulder at the computer screen.
"This morning." John replies, pointing to the time on the screen where it said when it had been posted to the blog.
"Contact her and tell her I would like to meet with her sometime this afternoon." I said as I stood back up.
"This afternoon?! Sherlock, it's already twelve thirty!"
"Exactly!" I replied, flopping back down into my chair, placing my hands together and immediately going into my mind palace to review what I had already known about the case, drowning out the sound of John rambling on about something.

The Science Of Love (S.H.) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें