» 13

eugene was expecting shane to be kind of a dick about the whole situation, but what he wasn't ready for was just how quickly he'd begin teasing. eugene wasn't mad at him, of course, but when you're in a public place, you don't want the fact that you're crushing to be spread around the entire damn complex.

why did shane's vocal cords have such an ungodly volume capacity, anyway?

after telling shane and ryan about what he had taken to calling his problem, eugene had sat on the couch, staring into space while simultaneously freaking the heck out. he didn't want to be feeling all these things at the same time; it was too confusing. one thing was higher than the rest of his swirling thoughts, though—the fact that shane and ryan thought keith's habit of having him over was telling of some feeling for eugene. he tried to work through it, but he shook his head. it was hopeless, anyway. he quietly grabbed his jacket and tiptoed out of the apartment, closing the door behind him. he sighed as he waited for his uber. this was going to be a long night.

the next day at lunch, he was greeted by shane singing at the top of his giant lungs as he neared the table they always are at.

"HE'S IN LOOOOOOVE, HE'S IN LOOOOOOVE!" shane screamed out as eugene sat.

"shane! stop it!" admonished ryan, slapping his boyfriend on the arm.

"little mermaid on broadway, huh?" eugene said. "not bad, madej."

"thank you," the taller man said with a smirk.

"so, eugene, how are you feeling since yesterday?" asked ryan, biting into his sandwich.

"i've never felt this much emotion before... it's not great, honestly," eugene answered with a frown. "i don't know what to think."

"i know what to think! it's that you're in LOVE!" shane yelled. again. eugene looked around the lunchroom, his cheeks heating as several people looked their way.

ryan smacked shane again. "shane, we've talked about this. eugene is going through some things that we need to respect. now stop being an ass."

"thanks, ryan," eugene said, still embarrassed. "um, anyway, i just wish i could get rid of this. it's just a stupid crush. there's no way its ever gonna be reciprocated. i mean, he is straight—" he trailed off, looking into his drink.

"straight, my left tit! eugene, i betcha little habersberger has had plenty of gay crushes in his life," shane said, tilting back in his chair and crossing his arms over his head self-assuredly.

"how can you tell?"

"my spidey-senses are tingling," shane replied, wiggling his fingers. ryan just rolled his eyes.

"don't be dumb, guys, there's no way. he literally had a breakup not too long ago. with a girl."

"oh, please," ryan spoke up. "we've both dated girls before figuring it out." this comment was followed by a wink from shane.

"ew, you two," eugene said. "you sure you're not engaged already?"

"unfortunately," shane answered him, smirking at ryan. "bergara here doesn't like commitment."

"i do too! i'm just nervous because—"

"all right, sugar. i know," shane said, cutting off his boyfriend's outburst with a kiss on the cheek. "but for real, yang, just give it some time. little keith may be having some doubts as well."

ryan chipped in, the flush in his cheeks subsided. "yeah, just wait a little. you never know what could happen. the two of you are definitely closer than average friends."

eugene sighed, running his fingers through his hair. "okay, but if you guys are wrong, i won't be surprised."

"the ghoul boys are never wrong," ryan said with a grin.

"hey, we need a new nickname now," shane exclaimed. "maybe like the wingmen... boys?"

eugene snorted. "keep working on it. i gotta get back to my desk. see you two later."

"bye!" they chorused.

"oh, and eugene?" ryan added.

"yes?"

"tell us all the juicy details!"

eugene simply raised a single finger and left, trying to suppress the grin that bubbled up.

✖❇✖

yoinks that was kinda rough

but like?? i love the concept of shane being a cheeky bastard and ryan always yelling at him it's sO DOMESTIC I LOVE THEM

thoughts on the plot? opinions on the writing?? want to freak out about the new true crime episode?? leave a comment; they make my week :))

love you all ♥♥♥