PART 4

He half walked, half staggered into a shit hole of a town that reeked of him. A filthy man moved towards him and placed a hand on his shoulder.
"Are you alright there mister?"
He grabbed the mans head and dug his teeth into the mans jugular. Blood flowed down his throat as the man thrashed and contorted until he finally went still. He dropped the man and wiped his blood off of his mouth. Warmth flooded him as the wounds he had sustained at the hands of the goblins he had used against him began to heal and knit back together. He looked around and smiled. No one had seen him drink the man. He walked towards the tavern and tilted his head. The muck outside was covered in blood. He grinned as he stepped into the Tavern. Immediately, his attention was drawn to a tall man with brown hair that was leaning against the wall. He strolled over to him and smiled.
"Hello there friend. You look gloomy. Can I get you a drink?"
The man shook his head. Good. He didn't have any money anyway.
"I'm sorry to bother you, but I'm looking for someone. I don't suppose you've seen them?"
"You haven't told me what this person looks like."
He laughed nervously. This was exhausting.
"Yes. You're right. I'm just exhausted."
"There's alot of that going around."
.....He'd kill this man first.
"He's got brown hair and brown eyes, was travelling with a white haired girl?"
The man faltered for a second.
"No. I'd remember seeing someone like that. Sorry I couldn't help you."
He laughed again, careful to make it sound good natured and carefree.
"Oh don't worry about it. You'll tell me eventually. After I burn this tavern down."
The man roared something he wasn't paying attention to and he faintly heard the sound of glass smashing. He'd deal with it later. He grabbed a torch from the wall and hurled it into the air and right into the thatch roof. It set alight immediately and he grinned. The man drew a sword on thrust it towards his chest. He stepped to the side and grabbed his wrist. The mans eyes widened as he twisted his hand and ran him through with his own sword. He grabbed the man by the throat and hurled him out the door. A woman screamed next to him and he laughed as a glass smashed over his head. A black beast, with horns like a dragon and as large as a horse appeared beside him and began tearing the villagers apart. He laughed as they screamed and stepped out of the bar. He tilted his head at the sight of a single horse speeding of into the distance.
"Arvin...."
He whipped his head around to the man, who was now dragging himself up the road. The sword he had been impaled with was discarded on the side of the road. He strolled along behind him and picked up the sword.
"I take it that Arvin went that way, seeing as you intend to use your last moments to drag yourself in that direction?"
The man didn't respond. He sighed and drove the sword through his chest. The man tensed but did not scream. He raised an eyebrow.
"Impressive."
He gave the sword a twist and the man grunted and his breathing became laboured and heavy.
"Please don't hurt my son."
He grinned as what he had just heard sunk in.
"Oh. I will. I'm going to kill him. And I'm going to make it hurt."
A look of despair crossed the mans face as his breath ceased and his eyes faded. He took the sword and put it on his belt and began to move back to Mournvar. So many plans, so little time.