Chapter Seventeen

Chapter seventeen- Restraint and control

-

"So this is what we know about the locations?" Peggy asked, Steve had given her a layout of the bases he saw on the map at the Hydra base Jacklyn had been rescued from.

"Yeah, I mean I only got a brief look at it," Steve said, he crossed his arms. Jacklyn narrowed her eyes at the map, she knew the one that Steve was referring to, she had seen it and other variations of it hundreds of times.

"There are more than those," Jacklyn spoke up, stepping forward so she could glance at the map better. Chester Phillips narrowed his eyes at her. "And how would you know that?" He asked, she resisted the urge to roll his eyes at his tone. "I've seen that map he's talking about a hundred times, there were other maps in the base that had safe houses and hydra bases that just finished construction." She informed them, Phillips furrowed his eyebrows.

"Do you remember where they are?" Steve asked, she nodded, she picked up one of the makeshift miniature Hydra flags and placed it on a point on the map. She searched her memory for the locations and each time she pinned its location.

"Those are just the ones they allowed me to see, there may be more in those areas, they usually have safe houses within a mile of each base." Jacklyn informed them, all the people in the room gawked at her. "You know the layouts of these places better than anyone, Jacklyn, could I ask you to come with us?" Steve said, knowing that what he was asking her was to walk into her past that she had worked so hard to escape.

But only this time she is the one bringing pain. She smiled, "Sounds like a great idea to me," She replied, "Wait, hold on. She may have information but she doesn't have military training like everyone else on her team, and we can't teach her years worth of training in less than twenty- four hours." Phillips pointed out. Peggy, Steve, Jacklyn, and Bucky all smiled at his ignorance.

Jacklyn fiddled with one of the Hydra flags. "Mr. Phillips, with all due respect, Hydra has been training me to be their perfect soldier for fifteen years without rest. They pushed me to the brink of insanity every day to make sure that I would be a killing machine," Jacklyn said, she looked at Phillips. "The only thing is they never imagined that I would be used against them," She said, Chester narrows his eyes at her.

"Can you shoot a gun?" He asked, she almost laughed. "I've never missed a shot." She said, a dead serious look on her face."How fast can you run?" He asked, "Pretty fast, I outran the Captain when I-" was on a mission for Hydra, "Raced him." She said, biting her lip, Bucky narrowed his eyes at her suspiciously, knowing that wasn't the truth but choosing to overlook it for now.

"Can you fight?" "Like a god dang champion," Jacklyn said with a hint of pride. "Speak any other languages?" He asked, partly joking. Peggy chuckled at his question but Jacklyn didn't."Russkiy and Deautshe, sir." She said with a smirk, which meant Russian and German. Phillips smiled, he stuck out a hand. "Welcome to the team, Jacklyn," He said, she grinned, shaking his hand.

"You never told me you speak Russian," Peggy said, Jacklyn turned toward her. "Vy dumayete, aktsent tol'ko dlya pokaza?" You think the accent is just for show? Peggy smirked, "I didn't say I speak Russian," She countered. A man from the Captain's crew waived his hand around excitedly.

"YA Mark, i mne ochen' priyatno s vami poznakomit'sya," a man named Mark said, I am Mark, and very pleased to meet you. "YA Jacklyn, takzhe." I'm Jacklyn, likewise.

"Anyone else concerned they are talking about us?" Bucky said, Jacklyn grinned and elbowed him in the ribs playfully. "I do agree with James, please speak English," Peggy said with Steve laughing in the background. "It is way more fun when no one knows what you're saying," Mark replied, Jack shook her head in amusement.