Chapter 2

She woke up at 8:03am much,much,much later than she wanted. The Army sign ups were all day but her mother would be home at 11:00am, she needed to get dressed. She quickly put on some clothes and fixed her hair very nicely and put on shoes. She skipped breakfast and walked out the door. She knew where to go from studying the map and ran a little ways there at 8:45am she was at Base. The line was quite short. Just about eleven in front of her. She didn't see Nitya. She waited and waited at 9:00am it was her turn. But she didn't know what to do. She saw Nitya sitting at the desk and she was beautiful. Black hair, green eyes, white skin, and just beautiful. Nitya asked, "Miss will you be joining? Or did you come to visit some TQA family members?" She thought TQA what's that? "What's TQA? I came for The Army sign ups." said Rose. Nitya laughed. "Have you been trapped in your home your whole life? You don't seem to know much about this!" said Nitya as she laughed. "Um ... yes this is the second time I have ever been out of my house." said Rose. Nitya stopped laughing and said "I'm so sorry I didn't know, I ... " "It's ok" said Rose. "TQA is The Queen's Army . In every kingdom in TK they have a TQA. So were TQA four. Because we live in kingdom four. But may I ask, Why have you never been out?" Said Nitya. "My mother wouldn't let me" said Rose. Nitya sat there for a moment when she said, "So why are you here then Miss..." "Oh my name is Rose North. And I came to sign up for The Army or TQA." "Why do you want to sign up?" asked Nitya. "I...um......well I......" said Rose. Nitya kind of stared at her, looking at her face and trying to memorize features and details. "Well, Rose as you know I will only be picking three out of 35 so best of luck to you." she said. "Thank you for your time and our talk" said Rose as she smiled. Nitya nodded. As Rose was walking home Nitya yelled "You Know It's 10:15am Don't You?" Rose smiled "Yes!" Nitya could her the smile in her voice and smiled also. She liked Rose. Nitya said, "Meet me here tomorrow at 7:00am if you can!!" she yelled. "I will try my best." yelled Rose. And they both waved at the same time. Rose liked Nitya. And thought she liked her also. Nitya hadn't told others to meet her at a time or waved or yelled to them and that made Rose smile. As she ran home, she felt Nitya watch her to make sure she was ok and didn't get hurt.She smiled. Rose couldn't wait till tomorrow. Nitya liked Rose she was very kind, and nice. She thought she would pick her for one of the member for TQA or The Army. And what Nitya was glad Rose didn't know, that she lived near her, two houses away. None knew who lived there, but they didn't ask. It wouldn't be kind to anyways, so she knew they wouldn't ask. And she thought maybe Rose and her could be friends.

Rose got home at 10:45, perfect she thought. She changed clothes and pulled out her study books. As her mother got home she saw Rose reading and studying. She thought Rose must be big on learning this week, she usually had to force her to read and study. But she was glad she didn't have to today. "Rose" her mother said. "Yes?" said Rose. "I will be gone on a trip for a little while,and there is a nice lady who is your age that lives two houses away. I have called and she is going to let you stay with her. You must behave and do as your told. Understand?" said her mother. "Why a girl who is my age ? Where's her mother? Is she going on the trip also?" asked Rose. "Yes so the girl wanted company and called today to ask." said her mother. "Okay I guess..." said Rose. She wondered if it was someone from school, or family. So Rose asked, "Is she family or something?" "No but you two might get to be friends." said her mother. "We will walk there tomorrow at 1:00pm, when I get home, because I must leave as soon as I can after I get home at one." said her mother. Rose nodded. No supper today it's Friday. Rose thought, why no supper every Friday? But nodded her head at her mother.

She was getting ready for bed when she heard a banging sound. And another one. She looked at her window and saw Nitya. She pointed to her window. And then Rose grabbed a paper airplane that was thrown in the window, that got stuck in a good place, it would hold it nice and tight. She took it and looked back, but Nitya was gone. She looked once more. Nothing. So she shut the window. She read the paper "Don't meet at 7:00am tomorrow you will see why later -N." She thought maybe Nitya had plans but it was okay. The note said she would see why later. She smiled Nitya not telling everything, but enough to make it like she was being clever and sneaky. But she would wait and see. Tomorrow was when she would meet a new girl her age, and also when her mother would leave to go a trip for work. She slid in the covers, and thought about tomorrow and her mother. Later she was asleep and didn't know she had left the window a bit cracked, as the note flew out. It was gone and Rose would not be able to get it back. And one of the laws or rules was "No Passing Notes After Ten" and it was around eleven when it flew out. But only if they found it they would look for the note passers, but wouldn't be able to much because it only said "N." Not any names. And it was not hand written, it was typed. So even if they did find it, they wouldn't know who wrote or read it.