Six: Being A Host

Nothing's really been in my favour. I've been at the hospital for the last week. Dad got worse. He's on life support right now. My mum flew over when he got put on life support. She sent me to school and had Sora drag me.

I walked out of class when we opened the textbook. We were studying diseases that kill slowly. And the sub clearly didn't know about my dad being in hospital fighting that disease. I left. The sub couldn't stop me but she grabbed Sora in the hallway. I saw when I needed to stop. Not fun. I'll have to say sorry later.

"It kills within two years." "It kills within two years." "It kills within two years."

I wander the halls. They make me feel so small. I feel like a mouse. Yet they can all hear me. The teachers. The students. The school can hear.

I charge out into the courtyard. I feel numb.

"It kills within two years." "It kills within two years." "It kills within two years." My world begins to spin.

I stagger into the vast gardens. The third years usually come about here. I know that there are classrooms that look out into this area and if I get caught I'll be in big trouble.

My heart is pounding. Maybe I should go back to class.

"It kills within two years." "It kills within two years." "It kills within two years."

No, but I can't go back to the hospital. I hide in the shade of th rose bush maze. Here would be an ideal hiding spot. I know there's a gazibo in there somewhere. Somewhere. Am I really going to lose myself in a rose maze to find a gazibo? Why am I wasting my time. His time.

"It kills within two years." "It kills within two years." "It kills within two years."

I'm not a daddy's girl. Never was. Still doesn't make this any easier. And to think my actions last week have potentially destroyed our company name. We might have lost a large quantity of the empire because I was in a bad mood.

I make my way through the maze. I wonder where that gazibo is. I hope that it's not going to be an easy place to find me.

I stay along the part for as long as I can. Why am I even here?

"It kills within two years." "It kills within two years." "It kills within two years."

I turn in and go back toward the edge. I'm sure it's situated at an edge.

I sit down, having finally found the gazibo and wait. You can hear the school bell in the courtyard, there's a speaker that blares it right by the maze.

I put my head on the table.

"It kills within two years." "It kills within two years." "It kills within two years."

Ring! Ring!

That's the bell.

It's been a year. It's been a year. Oh my God! Dad's got a year maximum left to live! I won't even be at home after the engagement's official! Mum and Dad will want me to cohabitate.

He's got a year left! Oh god! No way I would be able to get such a high profile affair together in such short time even if I am close with my fiancee!

"It kills within two years." "It kills within two years." "It kills within two years."

My dad...won't be there...to walk his own daughter down the aisle.

That sets me off. My eyes well with tears and I start to cry. I can feel my phone ringing in my bag but I let it ring. My glasses fog up due to my tears so I take them off, standing to carelessly toss the glasses over the rose maze wall.