~Chapter seventeen~

Izuku pov

I'm in Todoroki's room again.

This can't be good.

This dream seems different though, I can think more..I can move a bit more...I can walk around more.

Before I wasn't able to do that, it was like I was behind glass, watching. I look at the clock on the wall.

1:41 am: it reads.

Todoroki isn't in his bed, I just kinda "appeared" in his bathroom, and the door isn't closed, it's open and I saw him walk past quickly a few times.

I'm going to follow him (of course), I doubt he can see me, as he's awake, I suppose and this is my Dream.

It'd be kinda neat, if I could talk to people in dreams I suppose. I wonder if I'll be able to touch anything, well I can touch things, but I mean hold and grab things.

I hear him dragging something on the hardwood floor.

I guess I'll walk out and hope for the best.
Nothing super bad has happened so far...

What's the worst that could happen in his dorm at 1:41 am?

I walk out to see a sobbing Todoroki dragging a chair into the middle of the room, with that thin flannel again. His arms are bleeding again! I can tell he didn't wash off the blood like the last dream.

The flannel is light colored, I can see the blood through the sleeves. Why is he doing this?

I run towards him, opening up my arms, trying to hug him.

But instead of feeling his body, I slip right through him, stumbling.

Why?

I quickly snap around and continue to reach my arms out to him. Despite knowing it won't work.

He starts to sob more, he sounds so desperate. Like he just watched someone he loves die in his arms. He's crying so hard that he can't breathe, he's "hiccuping" between sobs.

He looks up, and I look up too. He's looking at the unmoving ceiling fan. He looks down back at the chair and starts to move it more directly under the chair, all while sobbing more, and more.

No, he's not going to do this. Not today.

He was okay, he was happy.

He walks past me and into the bathroom, opening up a small cabinet, reaching in far, and wincing while his arm stretches. He pulls out a long rope and stares at it for a little bit.

We were happy together.

He stood up on the chair and started to tie one end of the rope to the top of the fan, and he tied the bottom part, too. All the while, wincing, wincing from the pain he's feeling from those cuts on his arms.

Before he did anything else, he reached into his pocket, took out a folded piece of paper, he unfolded it, stared at it, for a while, as if he was re-reading it over and over. Then he folded back up neatly, and set it by his feet.

We were so happy together.

We were the having fun dates, laughing, eating, He put his head in the loop,

No.

He started sobbing even harder, if that was even possible at this point. He can't do this. He's supposed to be by my side forever.

Then he stepped off, he kicked the chair down.

The note slowly floated off it, just how all paper falls.

He hung, choking for a few minutes.

I'm helpless.

After a while, his breathing became shallow and started to die down.

I can't do anything to help him.

I can't touch him.

I have to just suffer and watch him die.

I looked him in the eyes, even though he couldn't see me looking at him.

I know your mine, but he was lifeless, no pulse left.

His eyes had lost their sparkle, their shine that Izuku loved oh so much.

His eyes were so dull.

———

Izuku woke up, in cold sweat, and started to sob uncontrollably. He looked at his clock the clock read: 1:37 am.

That's time was way too close to the time in my dream. No, my nightmare. I know this isn't some stupid mistake now.

I can't grieve! I need to save him, he can't die, he can't.

I can't let my stupid emotions ruin things. He's supposed to grow old with me. I'm supposed to spend all my life with him—

I can't lose him.

I don't have enough time to think now.

I grabbed his keys and bolted out the door, not even nothing to close it. I have mere minutes to save him.

This isn't where his story ends. Or mine.

I don't care about the "don't use your quirk in school when not instructed." rule.

I need to get to him. Now.

I run up the stairs, two at a time, I get up to the fifth floor in no time. I run as fast as my legs can carry me to his dorm room.

The others probably hear lots of thumping, and all the noise I'm making.

I don't care, I don't care what I do. I need him to be okay. I need him with me.

I arrive at the dorm door and frantically reached for the keys I put in my pocket. I quickly pull them out, my hands are shaking.

I grab my right wrist with my left to get it to stop from shaking. I get the key into the keyhole and whip open the door.

It's the exact scene from my dream.

He's standing on the chair, holding the note in his hands, it's unfolded. He looks up at me.

Absolutely horrified.

His eyes are bloodshot, he's wearing the same flannel, the same bled through sleeves, the rope around his neck, tied to the fan.
He didn't sob anymore, just looked at me with a frown. The saddest frown I've ever seen. It's so hopeless. Like a child when they drop ice cream.

He closes his eyes and whispers ever so softly,
"I'm sorry that it came to this. Just know my very last thought was you."

Those were the last words he spoke, just before he stepped off, and tied the rope.

——
Authors notes and Information

Hey, it's @PayDayGo3t here, I know y'all probably screaming rn.
Please don't yell at me,,,,,,,,,,,