Six Kisses

"You really do look like you've been through hell, Lovely Grace," Melody Grace snickered as she watched Moria tend to Lovely Grace again after her nose began to bleed. "I guess that's what happens when you try to play assistant to a treasure hunter."

"You talk about her like she's not even our sister," Lovely Grace sighed. "Don't you ever get dizzy from looking down at us all the time?"

"Blah, blah, blah," Melody plopped down an expensive arm chair as she sighed. "I'm not going down this road with you, twin. Rocky!" She called sweetly to Rocky as he carried in his toy car in from the balcony. "Let's play cars together! Where's the other toys?"

"Up in my 'woom," Rocky smiled at his aunt as she took his hand. "Mommy helped me c'wean up!"

Holo smiles kindly at her son as he brought his aunt up the stairs of their impeccably clean penthouse overlooking the water. Their windowed home came with a lovely view of Yinna Oilslick Bridge and lots of built-in Oilslick technology to make it easier for the two busy women to raise their young boy in peace.

"He starts to look more and more like a Grandeur each day," Holo said, beginning to tidy up the medical equipment she'd used to tend to Lovely Grace. "And act like one, honestly." She chuckled.

"That's funny," Lovely Grace said. "He's never around us. I'm...I'm sorry for that. I still remember I was following Goldie by bike while she robbed some royal family absolutely blind while Rocky was being born..."

"Well, he wasn't necessarily 'born,' so it's not like you all missed some spectacular event." Holo was so softly gorgeous and carefree as she moved about the sleek home, putting her and Rocky's things away. She'd have to leave for work soon but wanted to be sure the twins were alright staying with Rocky.

"Right, I'd almost forgotten about that home incubator device Codendra let you use. I think that's how Goldie will reproduce one day." Lovely Grace said as she reached for a piece of candy from a shiny silver dish on the end table beside the chair she sat in.

"It would require the DNA of two parents. I don't think Crescendo wants children—and...you don't stop thinking of her, do you?" Holo began getting ready to leave as she straightened things up a bit further.

"Of Goldie?"

"Yes. You're such a brilliant girl. I heard about your homestead you operated and the things you've built. They can't all just be accessories to help you center your life around your younger sister, can they?"

Lovely Grace smirked. "You always did have a way of getting straight to the heart. You're like a prettier Melody Grace."

"Don't worry, it's not anything I'd need you to make a statement about. You don't even have to reply to it if you don't want to. Listen, though," Holo pulled on her white pumps and a few pieces of jewelry she'd previously taken off and placed on a marble countertop in the adjacent kitchen. "Will you and Melody Grace be okay here with Rocky? No fighting in front of him, please. His meal plan and sleeping schedule are displayed on the refrigerator as well as three of four bathroom mirrors," she looked at Beso who understood more of what she was saying than she'd ever know. "That dog is trained exceptionally well, by the way. I don't even like dogs so I'm impressed. Maybe you can train Rocky just as well!"

Lovely Grace laughed as Holo continued. "Allowing it in here is the least I can do to thank you for babysitting."

"Babysitting isn't my forte but I guarantee you can trust me. He is my nephew."

"Babysitting isn't your forte?" Holo asked jokingly and with a wink.

"Very funny," Lovely Grace laughed as she stood up. "But really, go on. The Auntie Twins will have a handle on this."