{CHAP ONE}

Clarity

Clarity.

Here we are, manhattan. We just got kicked out of our old house in Florida, you might be wondering why or not give a shit but I'm going to tell you it was because of me. I have an absolute looney neighbor so I threw a glass bottle at her window, interesting right. My mom wants me to move for a brand new exciting start. you see I wasn't no goody two shoes I got kicked out of my old school for fighting and also a fake drug deal. Which is pretty dumb if you ask me. Now my mother wants me to have a great new start. Which I doubt. Somehow I'll find a kid who will make me wanna break some trashy rules.
she's literally sent me to like a church school.

we pulled up at the apartment.
my mother grab my hand
"ah baby, you ready?" she asked with a slight smile.

"yeah" I said dead.

my mother works 10am-12:30am
she wouldn't be home through most of my experience of life.
Except school mornings.

she pulled me out of the car up the stairs. this apartment is pretty crumby. a small room.
"BABY IVR GOT TO GO TO WORK" my mother screamed slamming the door.
I sighed. I knew she'd barely be around.
I stood on the little small balcony type of thing looking over the city. Right next to me stood a young girl.

"hello I'm molly you must be new here!"
she exclaimed

"yeah hi my names clarity" I said smiling knowing I just made a friend.

"On the other side of you is Jim Carroll,, JIM JIM WAKE UP

he stumbled across the railing glaring at her and waving at me and noticing I was new.

"Jim, Clarity come to mine now for a little bit of social fun". She screeched
ugh this was going to be something

I made my way out of my apartment all the way to hers. We were nearly identical just her walls were a light shade of purple when mine were black and chipped. It was like she got the VIP apartment compared to mine.
then her door knocked suddenly the Jim kid walked through the door looking absolutely fucked.
He sat next to me with a wave and a smile.
He kept rubbing his nose and fidgeting molly hadn't noticed but I definitely could tell he had been snorting.

suddenly molly noticed.

"oh my Atlanta Jim what the heck is wrong with you"
I nearly snickered at her use of vocabulary.

"Just a bit sick" he bluntly replied.

"JIM ARE YOU HIGH" She yelled.

"y'know what shut up I'm sick" he said pissed off storming out slamming the door right behind him.