Chapter 15: Breaking Point

Alnus Hill, Tavern

Y/N POV:

Yanagida had informed us about Yao, I told that dark elf I'd help her. But it looks like she couldn't wait so she caused a little trouble while we were at the capital, so Yanagida brought us to the tavern and explains it to us.

Delilah: *puts drinks on table* Here you go fellas.

Y/N: Thank you Darlin'.

Itami: So? What did you wanna talk to us about?

Yanagida: While you were away, we were approached by a very interesting visitor. Asking if we could kill a flame dragon for her.

Itami: Do what? We can't do that.

Yanagida: Just hear me out.

Y/N: I met her a before we went to the Capital, she said that the dragon destroyed her village in the Schwartz Woods and caused a number of casualties.

Itami: I see, so it destroyed her home village. Of course that's a real tragedy, her request was denied by Lieutenant General, right? What else is there to talk about?

Yanagida: The dragon showed up within the territory of the Native State of Elbe. An area that is apparently rich in oil deposits. As well as very large uncut diamonds.

Itami: O-kay. When am I supposed to give a crap?

Yanagida: How'd you like to go on a scouting mission?

Itami: Huh?

Yanagida: And just like before it's the kind of mission that offers you a great deal of freedom. You'd be able to take actions outside of the initial scope.

Y/N: You've peaked my interest.

Itami: What are you saying?

Yanagida: Look I'm just saying...That you might find yourselves on other side of the border...And you might encounter a dragon. And you might have to kill it and  bring back few samples. If something like that were to happen I doubt there'd be too much trouble.

Itami: Yes there would! You weren't there! You never saw that thing, okay and we did! It was goddamn terrifying! Look if it's an order, then I'll follow it, I don't have much choice. But if I do have a choice, I'd rather we all live.

Y/N: I agree, the terrain in that region is full of valleys and mountains. If we send in a large force into neutral territory it could look like an unwarranted invasion. But if we send in a small team without support the dragon could bottleneck them and wipe them out.

Yanagida: *snooty chuckle* You might want to pay a visit to your blonde elf friend.

Y/N: Tuka?

Time Skip Residential Area

Y/N POV:

We headed to Tuka's room and we find Rory and Lelei standing in front of Tuka. She sits on her bed crying when we walk in.

Itami: You okay?...What's the matter?

Tuka looks at Itami with tears in her eyes

Tuka: Father!

She suddenly hugs Itami really tight

Tuka: Oh Daddy!

Itami: Uh, Tuka!

Y/N: (Oh god! No!)

Tuka: You see he DID come back! Can't believe you would take such a sick joke that far!

Semper Fi Jieitai: GATE x Male Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें