#8 - Night Terrors

For about 5 days now, you have been having night terrors.

These night terrors have been messing with your mind, making it almost impossible for you to sleep at night. Things happen in these night terrors that cause you to break down mentally.

Tonight you curl up in a ball on your bed and bury your head in your knees. Trying to hide from any dangers that may confront you at any moment. You feel so tired but you're too frightened to close your eyes and sleep. It's an endless limbo of slowly drifting off and snapping awake again at the realisation of the danger you are in.

In your mind, everything seems like a deadly terror. Small cracks in the doorways become devils peep-holes and the pictures on your wall seem to stare at you.

Suddenly you feel very confined.

The walls of your small bedroom seem to come closer to you. Your breathing melts to a stutter and gasp for air. Your chest becomes tighter and the walls come closer.

From the old style wallpaper, faces begin to form as the wall melts before you. Arms of decaying creatures reach out to you, to strangle you.

The walls are so close now.

Your grasp for air becomes even more of a challenge, like you were stuck under a tidal wave. Your chest feels like your heart is begin pulled out of your body and squeezed and stabbed and thrusted back in again as you struggle to inhale once more.

The arms stretch out to you and grab you, causing a searing pain to rush through your arms, like burning acid.

You vision is fading. Your breath is tightening. Your arms are burning. The pain just makes you scream so much.

But one thing doesn't make sense.

In the distance you can hear you name being called. A male voice is calling you. And again, and again, and again...

You slowly fade to darkness and nothingness...

-

You hear your name being called again, this time, much clearer.

"Hey, [Your Name], are you okay?"

You wake up in your bed, facing towards a male figure stood at the door.

"I heard you scream," he says.

You sit up abrubtly, to see who's at the door. You recognise them straight away. It's Tom, one of your roommates. He's stood in the doorway in his boxers and a lose grey t-shirt.

Tom looks over to you, obviously quite surprised and shocked about the scream you let out a minute ago. The build up of the nightmare you just had just explodes, and you crash into your bed sheets in tears. You feel as if your brain had just been turned to mush. Why does this happen to me?...

Suddenly you feel a light touch on your lower back. Tom lifts you up slightly and turns you round to face him, so you are sat crossed legged opposite each other.

"What happened?..." Tom whispers to you.

It was a weird moment that happened after he said that. You looked up to meet his eyes, but his firey brown eyes were already there. It was as if he was looking right into you.

Tom lifts one of his hands and places it on your cheek. He wipes away your tears, and pulls you close to his heart and holds you tight. His arms are wrapped around you perfectly, keeping you warm.

"It's okay, I'll keep you safe..." He whispers softy in your ear.

You cry into his shoulder for a while, this makes you feel so much better. Soon you stop sobbing, and you look up at him slowly. Then he says:

"Don't worry, I'm staying."

"Promise?" You reply in your sleepy voice.

"I Promise."... "Always."

-

Hope you weirdos like it<3