Chapter 1:

(I'm trying not to really use any gender specifics but I might put it in sometimes.)

This is a bit of a Leslie Thompkins X Reader...

I'm afraid of the monster's that are roaming free. I'm afraid that if I stop running, just for a moment, that they'll catch up to me. That they'll drag me away. Back to the place that I fear, a place of nightmares and suffocation. It's their home and that terrifies me.

"Hey Jacobs? You there?"

Blink.

Blink.

There standing just above me stood an angel as the light surrounded them with a graceful smile carefully place upon their lips. I was drawn into their beautiful dark eyes, the same ones I stared into day after day. Daydreaming about how I swim within their deep dark brown hues and share secret intimate kisses under the cover of night. Oh, how I wished that it wasn't just dreams but instead a beautiful reality.

"Miss?"

Snapping out of my inner thoughts I was brought back to brutal reality and the cruelest truth of the moment. Dr. Lee Thompkins would never see me the way I see her; closest acquaints, friends-bestfriends, secret lovers.

"I'm sorry, Doctor. I was... thinking."

She nodded and turned back to her instruments, looking for the exact ones that she had needed for the operation. Watching closely with fascination of how swiftly her hands danced around with precision, grace, and profession. Doctor Thompkins was amazing and truly in her element (it was one of the things that I happen to fall in love within the first place.)

"How did you get this cut? It's not to deep but I'm still curious."

I couldn't help the butterflies that flew around in my stomach at the thought of her being worried for my well being. Thinking back to earlier that day I was reminded of the incident that took place at lunch time.

"Cassy cut me again at lunch... I didn't do anything to her but she hurt me."

"Again?"

Nodding along with a frown on my lips to show that I was not happy with what Cassy did to me but I continued to watch as Lee started to finish up the newest stitch.

"But it's okay... I forgive her."

Lee looked at me and I smiled then lightly traced the stitch that ran down from just above my knee to right underneath in a small curve. A soft sigh fell from my lips savoring the lingering feeling of Lee's fingertips on my left leg from moments ago. I didn't want to leave just yet but I knew that I had to return back to my room soon, considering that it was nearing my bedtime.

"Don't overwork your leg. For now at least I'm making you use a wheelchair and writing a note for medication that you'll come to me to use. Goodnight, Jacobs."

A guard then wheeled over the chair and helped me onto it before strapping me in and wheeling me out of the room. On the way out another guard came into the room. It was the newest addition to Arkham and I think his name was John, James? Jim. His name was Jim Warton, I think.

Jim nodded his head at me as we past and I smiled thinking ahead of the time that I'll be spending with Lee. I am so excited and happy.

Stopping in front of Dr. Thompkins, Jim looked back before glancing back to the woman before him. His eyebrows furrowed and his eyes held confusion.

"So what did the patient say?"

Lee crossed her arms with a troubled look crossing her facial features, dark eyes swimming with worry.

"Well they said that Cassy struck out of nowhere... Is it true?"

Jim shook his head and put his hands on his hips, licking his chapped lips.

"The patient (Y/n) Jacobs struck first... Cassandra Noel did not survive...."

pg. 1

\\\\\

Alrighty it is 2023 and I'm going to say it.

This sh*t sucks ass. 

With that said I might add to it because I have no idea what I was doing for this story it just seems kind of interesting.