Cold-hearted for you

When we stepped in Awsten's apartment it was pitch-black. Awsten flicked on the lights. His apartment was very modern and sterile looking, it almost freaked me out, but I brushed it off as artistic decorating. I heard a bit of rustling, but like the odd interior I brushed that off too. "So, what do you want to do?" Awsten questioned. I turned around and shrugged. "Well, wanna watch another movie?" he asked. "Are you into The Office?" as soon as I mentioned the office his eyes light up like fire-works. "Yes!" he quickly said leading me to the couch. As we go situated Awsten suddenly stood up and walked away. 

     I was slightly confused, but I just assumed he had forgotten something. This hypothesis was confirmed when he returned with a blanket. He then made a strange hand movement, this was about the sixtieth time tonight that I was confused. Awsten is an interesting fellow, so, again I brush it off as just a funny mannerism. 

    I hear heavy foot steps, but before I can turn toward noise I'm grabbed by my neck. Awsten stands and suddenly I'm out. Then and there I die. First, I'm choked to the point of unconsciousness, then I eventually due to stab wounds. 

    Then I wake up. The two men mentioned were Houston's latest set of thrill killers, however this story wasn't mine. It was my mother's. Ten year ago she had suffered this fate, not I. Every year of the anniversary of her death I have the same reoccurring dream for about a week straight. I was only young when 'the incident" had happened, the details of her death both horrified and disgusted me.  Although the two were behind bars it didn't stop them from haunting my dreams. My mother wasn't their only victim, there were more. But, she was the only one who got them caught. 

🎉 You've finished reading I was hiding in your bookshelf because I love you// Awsten Knight x Reader 🎉