Chapter 4 | Waste

Mellifluous( adj

Mellifluous
( adj. ) Pleasingly smooth and musical to hear

Creighton

I

I only ran a good distance to watch her stare into oblivion, From here I can hear her very much loud thoughts and I can tell just how much she truly despise me.

Loving her never was in the plan. I wanted my Crystal and the Lins refused to oblige so I killed them.

I was on my way back, I tore the entire place apart searching for it but I didn't so I was in rage.

A carriage was heard approaching and with my anger I've decided a little more blood spilled is very much deserved.

Stupid curse.

The thing about the bloody curse is not just the misery of spending eternity alone but the fact that you can only fall in love once and it's not guaranteed they fall for you.

600 years I've been alive before I met Morgana. I believed I would be forever safe from it for not once did my dead heart beat, It was foolish of me to belittle the first witch.

I was her kick a random car that is surely not hers and it flipped away from the parking lot, With her anger tamed she walked back inside the bar.

Satisfied I made my way back home.

I walked in my basement to find another Vampire present , I sharply turned to find my best friend Xeno getting comfortable in my bar side.

“So how did it go?” He asked with a hint of playfulness in his voice. “Well.” I know what he wants out of me and I'm not drunk enough for that kind of conversation so I went ahead to reach for a bottle of wine.

I poured myself a glass and I could feel his prying eyes watch me and I nonchalantly took a sip. “You're drinking. That's not a good sign.” I scoffed.

The problem about having a bestfriend such as Xeno is that he never miss a detail, He doesn't talk much and that means he sees and hears all.

“She hates me.” He rolled his eyes, “We already know that part, Next.” I don't even know why I'm friends with this cretin.

I grew up with Xeno, Our families were rather close but we hated each other as children. Getting the other in trouble and useless banters.

“What did you tell her?” I looked up to see him about to take a sip, Looking through his glass to look at me with judging eyes.

“I asked for the Crystal.” He nodded along my words wanting more out of me but that was all I could say.

“So you didn't confess?” He asked finishing his glass to cross his arms at me with a knowing look and I shook my head to admit I didn't.

“How can I? 200 years she hated herself because of me.” I can see the side of his lip twitch to a smirk.

He shifted in his seat, “You've been watching her for 200 years and you only have the strength to talk to her now? You badly needed that Crystal but you couldn't show your face.” He knows things all too well.

“It hurts doesn't it? Having the people we love look at us with spite, like the monsters we are.” He speaks with his eyes set on nothing as if memories are flashing before his eyes.

Xeno speaks of experience, He's loved and it didn't end well for him because he just happens to land on a woman with a very small mind.

She never tried to understand and I was there to fix the best friend that she broke.

“It does but Catleia have waited long enough, I need that Crystal to break the curse.” A spell couldn't do the work so the Crystal is all that can help me.

My sister Catleia went with the wrong man, She thought she was inlove but she was only being fooled. She ran away with him but soon she learned the truth that she was not loved, but used.

She killed him out of anger but he was a necromancer, His death placed a curse on my sister. Her soul was split in half, Her body is never decaying but she was dead.

My sister wasn't a Vampire. I plan to turn her when I break the curse, She's waited long enough.

600 years is a very long time. I spent 200 years of it just standing idly by, I owe it to her.

“So you've been watching Marina, I'm guessing you know about her fiance?” I scowled at the mention of an information I wished to be false.

“Vampire Hunter.” I spat the words out bitterly, How ironic. She hates herself and her Fiance kills her kind.

“What did she even see in that oaf?” Xeno dramatically exclaimed and I rolled my eyes . “This is what you get for waiting 200 years before talking to her, I bet you didn't even have a conversation.”

He's right. I didn't tell her everything, I didn't confess or try to come clean and instead I threatened her.

I kept telling myself it was for Catleia but that was a lie because I know I can't ever be the man she deserves.

I took away a choice from her and now she's walking around with a Hunter.

Safe to say I fucked up.

“You should talk to your sister.” I nodded and left the basement without another word and entered a coded room connected to my bedroom, I walked in to find my sister where she has been for 600 years.

She was beautiful, Very much like mother. I remember how much she loved going to the lake to swim, Water have always been her friend.

“Catleia dear. I'm sorry.” I wasted 200 years. “But worry not, Your awakening is not a long wait from now on.” I whispered before leaning in to place a soft kiss on her forehead.

Now how would I get that damn Crystal?