Cayde-6 x Kiran -- Watch Your Step

Kiran was walking around the Traveler, her mind elsewhere when she ran into a familiar vanguard leader. Her red-eyes widened as the man before her looked down at her with confusion, his bald head gleaming with the sunlight.

"Z-Zavala! Hey, fancy running into you here!" Kiran said, rubbing the back of her neck nervously. The Titan Vanguard squinted, obviously not very happy to see the second most reckless Guardian.

"Kiran, this is the thirteenth time you've run into either myself or Ikora. Are you feeling well?" he asked, obviously annoyed. Kiran chuckled nervously, averting her gaze. "If you need assistance, it'd be better to ask a fellow Awoken than bottling it inside," he informed, fixing his chest plate. Kiran sighed.

"It's nothing that only Awoken feel, Sir," she said with a sigh. "Say, have you seen Cayde around? I was supposed to meet up with him about something," Zavala's face grew into a knowing smile. "W-What's that look for?" Kiran asked, feeling her blue skin grow red.

"If you are so interested in finding Cayde, he said he'd be in the hanger," Zavala informed, his knowing smile now growing into a teasing grin. The red in Kiran's face told the titan all he needed to know about her situation.

"S-Say anything to Liran or Shiran and I end you," Kiran threatened, dusting off her chest-plate. Zavala waved his hand, signaling that he understood the severity of her secret. Kiran walked to where the hanger resided, lost in her mind again. As if narrative purposes so inclined, she ran into the Warlock Vanguard leader, Ikora.

"Kiran! Running into me again? I'm beginning to think that we need to install your Ghost with a leash," the woman teased, Kiran's already blushing face getting worse. "Cayde is in the hanger, if you were wondering."

"Z-Zavala already told me, but thank you..." Kiran said, brushing her hair behind her ear. Ikora gave a knowing nod, letting Kiran finish making her way to the hanger. Kiran's red eyes scanned over the room until her gaze landed on the Exo who made her heart flutter.

"Kiran!! Over here!" The Exo shouted excitedly, waving Kiran over.

"Cayde!" Kiran said with a smile. "Any reason you wanted to meet up with me here?" she asked, making her way to where he stood.

"Definitely! I finally finally got a proper mission!" Cayde said excitedly, grabbing her hands. "Which means that you're coming with me!" Kiran's eyes widened.

"Wait for real!?" she shouted, her eyes sparkling. "Cayde that's amazing, what are we dealing with?" As if on cue, Cayde's Ghost Sundance materialized.

"We're dealing with the Hive on IO, can you handle that?" Sundance asked, the light of the Ghost flickering in worry. Kiran's Ghost Moonlight materialized, defending his own guardian.

"Kiran can handle any Hive any day," Moonlight defended, his voice sincere and offended for Kiran.

"Moonlight, please. Sundance had every reason to be worried..." Kiran's face dropped slightly in her own worry. "Especially after my last mess up." Cayde's eyes grew in surprise.

"Hey! It was not a mess up! I read that file: you were surrounded and stood your ground for as long as you could. There was no way that was your fault." Kiran smiled. "And this time you'll have a better fireteam backing you up!"

"Well, this time I won't be running away from my fireteam and getting into that situation," Kiran said, stretching. The two walked through the hanger where their two ships were parked: The Queen of Hearts, Cayde's ship, and the Huntress, Kiran's ship.

It didn't take long for Cayde and Kiran to make it to Mars, a cold planet with very little people. Cayde jumped down from his ship, Kiran right behind him. Cayde waited a moment before shouting out the first orders as fireteam leader.