Lapis x Peridot

Peridot woke up.

The green gem groaned, her back aching slightly. She'd been watching Camp Pining Hearts all night with Lapis Lazuli, and she'd fallen asleep on the hard, uncomfortable wooden floor of the barn. She blinked a few times, looking around. The TV was off, so Lapis must have turned it off after Peridot had fallen asleep. She looked around. Where was the blue gem? She'd been sitting on the floor next to her as they watched it. Her eyes darted around the room, the red walls bouncing golden sunlight to the other side of the room. Lapis was nowhere to be seen. Where... She peered down at her smooth, blue arms. Maybe she went out?

Wait. My arms aren't blue.

She jumped and shifted slightly, feeling warmth wrapped around her. "By the Diamonds..." Peridot whispered, shifting a bit more before relaxing. She turned her head to be nose to nose with her beautiful friend, Lapis Lazuli. That gorgeous, pale blue skin seemed to almost glow in the golden rays of sunlight. Her dark, thin, silky blue hair was laced gently around Peridot's neck, her face buried into her shoulder, her cute, blue little button nose sticking out above it. Her gorgeous, long, thick eyelashes softly brushed against the side of her neck, her eyelids covering those beautiful eyes that Peridot longed to see. 

Her heart pounded. What is wrong with me? Why do I feel this way? Every time she's even near me, every time she even looks at me... and now the feeling is stronger than ever. Her ears hottened, and her face blushed a gentle blue, mixing in with her green skin, creating a pretty aqua hue to her soft skin. She... she's never been this close. She took in a shaky breath, and found herself savoring the moment. She felt the beautiful girl's smooth legs against her own, her crotch aligned with the green gem's small butt. Her chest pressed into her back, soft and warm. Peridot felt herself blushing even more and let out a shaky breath. She stared at Lapis' sleeping face and raised up a hand, drifting it across the blue gem's cheek, sliding her fingers into that silky blue hair. Her heart was pounding harder than ever before, pounding out of her chest. She's...

Suddenly, those beautiful, deep blue eyes fluttered open, battering Peridot's thumb softly with their lashes. She quickly jerked her hand away and tried to look away, but she couldn't. Those ocean-blue eyes bore into her own. She noticed that Lapis had a gentle, dark blue blush that gently spread itself across her face. Peridot gulped nervously.

"Oh, Peridot... You're awake." That voice. Peridot felt chills ripple down her spine. It flowed smoothly like the ocean waves. Lapis was like the ocean. She could be a calm, steady and careful person but then raging and harsh the next, while staying beautiful the entire time. "Sorry..." Lapis sighed, shifting her legs slightly. "You were shivering last night. So I tried to warm you up and... it worked, I guess. You stopped shaking." Peridot noticed Lapis' heart was pounding too, her heart thumping against her back. Lapis traced her finger gently over Peridot's wrist in gentle circles.

Peridot clumsily tried to think of something to say, but she was speechless. Her eyes were wide and her mouth hung slightly open, staring at those blue eyes. Lapis smiled, letting out a huff of laughter through her nose and slowly untangled her arms from around Peridot. Peridot almost complained out loud. She wanted those soft, warm arms back around her. "Thank you, Lazuli." she finally breathed as Lapis was getting up.

Lapis looked down at Peridot, who was now sitting. That perfect smile formed across the blue gem's face again, and Peridot felt a dorky grin spread across her cheeks, her eyes shining through her green tinted visor. Lapis laughed. Her laugh was adorable. It was a gentle, quiet chuckle followed by a few little snorts.

Lapis held out her hand. "You wanna go tend to our crops?" she asked, smiling invitingly. Peridot's mouth slightly hung open as she hesitantly took the ocean gem's hand. Lapis heaved Peridot onto her feet and Peridot let out a little laugh, standing in front of Lapis for a moment, their eyes locking. Lapis looked away, blushing, and tugged Peridot outside to their crops.