ʀᴇᴀsᴏɴ ᴢᴇʀᴏ

dear kim taehyung,

ever since we first met, you were always so sweet and perfect to me. you understood how introverted i am and stayed within my limits. you always asked me if i was okay and if i ever responded with a “fine”, you knew i wasn’t happy and did everything in your power to make me happy. but, just being with you made me happy.

then you asked me to be your first boyfriend, and i was on cloud nine. i always fantasized about being yours, you holding me close to you, you calling me your one love, and your sweet personality becoming intoxicatingly soft that i would be smothered with your love as if it were a blanket.

i loved everything about you when we were friends and when my love for you grew,

but something happened, didn’t it?

one day, exactly a year ago, you became less caring and more cold. my warm blanket became cold the moment you changed. i thought i was sucked into an alternate world where you were never sweet and caring to me. turns out it was my new reality.

i stayed silent when you ditched me for your stoner friends.

i stayed silent when you told me to dress a certain way just to be your trophy used for bragging rights.

i stayed silent when you forced me to go to parties i never enjoyed.

i stayed silent for so long until now.

i want to leave you something that’ll haunt you until the day we meet again. a day where our love has withered into nothing and the skeletons in your closet have long turned into dust.

here is all the reasons why i no longer want to be with you. why i hate holding your hand and feeling your hands on my body. why i hate breathing the same air as you knowing you have the everlasting scent of drugs and alcohol. why i feel empty instead of full when i’m by your side.

i hope you listen to me this time instead of barely glancing at it then throwing it away as you’ve done to so many things of mine, and eventually you threw me away.

so, i’m returning the favor.

your detached anchor,

jungkook.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

this isnt the first official chapter, so still be prepared for the first reason to be published by friday.