4.4

//noel//

She walked up to the door and knocked three times, stepping back to wait for an answer. No one moved to get up so Calum did instead -- he was one of the only people that wasn't letting Bridgette's death stop him from functioning normally. He opened the door and furrowed his eyebrows at her.

"Sarah's coming." I reported, realizing I was spacing out while staring out the window. It was a day after the funeral and hardly anyone was talking still.

"Sarah?" Calum repeated. He was one of the only people not letting Bridgette's death stop him from functioning normally. "Why?"

I spaced out as I stared by Calum's head, searching for the answer. Now that Calum knew she was coming, the outcome of her showing up changed.

"Hey," Calum smiled warmly as a greeting. "How'd you find us?"

"She's a ghost hunter," Annie told him, "we can track ghosts."

"So my brother can, too," Sarah said, slipping passed him into the house. She walked into the living room and looked around at everyone. "He's on his way here to finish what was started. We need to move now."

"She wants to help," I informed him, looking back to his brown eyes.

"What do we need help with?" Ella asked.

"Marcus is going to come looking for us," I said, "but Sarah's going to find us first."

Someone sniffed loudly and we all turned to see Ashton had come from the hall that lead to the stairs. He cocked his head to the side.

"Sarah's coming," Calum told him. "Marcus is going to find us and we need her to help us."

"We need to leave." I said shortly.

He shook his head and I swore it was going to fall off because of how hard he was doing so. He really didn't want to leave and I knew why: Bridgette. Ashton still had hope she'd somehow wake up but after two days of trying, Mrs. Hood informed us there was no waking her up. Bridgette was dead even though none of us wanted it to be true.

"Ashton, we're all going to die," Calum stated. "We need to go."

He crossed his arms over his chest and breathed sharply out of his nose as if he was making his decision final.

Calum stood, "I'll fucking put you to sleep and drag you out if I have to."

Ashton just shrugged -- he'd have a backup plan.

Calum groaned and ran a hand through his hair, "Ashton, stop being so stubborn. Do you think Cooper would want you dead?"

This was something I couldn't see the future for because both of them had different ideas they were set on running through their heads. I just sighed quietly and laid back against the hardwood floor, my head finding the large space rug that took up the middle of the room. I played with my dark hair while Calum yelled at Ashton and Ashton would make gestures or loud sighing noises.

"God, you're both so annoying!" Ella finally shouted, standing up. She looked angrily between Ashton and Calum. "I'm going for a walk. I'll be back when you guys aren't being fucking dicks."

She stomped down the short hall to the door and slammed that after she was out. Calum and Ashton looked back at each other, probably mentally blaming each other for annoying Ella.

"Ashton, you need to leave with us." Calum stressed.

"Don't you care at all about Bridgette?" Ashton burst before disappearing into thin air, probably back to his room.