Short Story:1

[Life and Death]

Life and Death were sitting across from each other in my room as they thought I was asleep. Life stared deeply into were Deaths eyes were supposed to be, he had a simple question for Death and asked it firmly, "why do people love me and hate you?" Death stared at Life and thought for a minute and then replied: " maybe because you are a beautiful lie and I am a painful truth." Life sat for a moment, speechless. He couldn't find anything to say back to Death, so he sat for a moment longer and then got up when he got up he kissed me atop my head and said goodbye. Death stayed for a moment longer and watched me as I pretended to sleep when he finally got up to leave he came over to my bedside and just stood there, didn't touch me, just stood there. After a few moments, he leaned down next to my ear still not touching me and said "I will see you again" and when I sat up startled he was gone.

 For years after that I searched for them but I couldn't find them, I could bearly remember what they looked like. I noticed something tho...since the day  Life and Death were in my room, when Life kissed my head, I haven't aged. It has been seven years since that day and i haven't gotten any older. It makes me wonder tho...if i have stopped aging what did Death mean that night so so many years ago?