Chapter 5

Ember

The class started to fill up quite quickly once the clock had hit 1:30, groups of friends taking seats together, the odd singleton sitting alone.

Being early had it's positives, I could choose to sit at the back, away from the teachers eye line.

"Right ladies and gentlemen, welcome to your first class in Business Management," the teacher was a man that looked just over 50, he had little to no hair, his glasses sitting on his nose as if they came as a fancy dress accessory.

The class was silent, copying down each word that fell from Mr Windlocks mouth, so the door opening was enough to get everyone's attention.

Hero and Zoey walk in, both slightly panting and hair a wild mess. Vick didn't mention they were in my class, and neither did they.

"Well it's always nice to get to know the ones that'll be late for the rest of the term, what are your names?" Mr Windlocks annoyance was clear, now gaining even the A star students to put down their pens to watch.

I was smiling at both of their idiocy for being late on the first day. Hero's hair was sticking up to attention in all places, his cheeks slightly reddened, and it made me think of my very own.

He caught me staring. I quickly look away, shaking off the embarrassment. I know everyone was staring, but they weren't staring at Hero the same way I was. Well at least I didn't think so.

"I'm Zoey Richards," Zoey's voice is loud and confident, and when I look back up his gaze is no longer on me.

"Hero, Hero Tiffin," Hero's voice was not as bold, but unenthusiastic to say the least.

"Is that a stage name?" a couple laughs come from the class, but even I had to stop myself smiling from Sirs comment.

"No sir, family given." Hero didn't seem phased, as if he'd had that said to him a few times before.

"Very well, go find a seat quickly."

They start to walk up the stairs and I can feel Hero's stare getting closer, and closer.

I look down at my notes, trying my best to not make any eye contact with him.

But a slight draft makes me look up, and Hero is now sitting beside me, Zoey not looking very pleased on his other.

He grabs a book and single pen throwing them down on his desk, letting out a small laugh, that only me and Zoey could probably hear.

I turn to see a grin smacked across his face, I look away, not allowing him to distract me anymore.

I see Hero lean into me from the corner of my eye, his warm breath fanning my hair against my cheek.

"OCD much?" His voice is smooth and almost silent.

I don't turn to him, but instead quietly reply back the best I could, "If I had OCD I'd feel the need to sort your hair out, ran here did we?"

I see him subtly move back to his chair, having known I was able to shut him up made me smile a little bit.

-

"That's all for today class, and I'll see you Thursday, make sure you're all on time," I look up to Hero as we're walking outside, knowing full well who Mr Windlocks was aiming that at.

He gives me a shrug of his shoulders and small smirk, he honestly doesn't care does he?

"Think we're all meeting up for a drink, you want to come?" Hero's eyes are soft whilst Zoey's were stern.

"Oh I don't know, I've got things to do," that didn't even sound believable to me.

Hero smirks, brushing his hands through this hair, "what things?"

"Ummm," I couldn't think of anything applaudable.

"Exactly, you're lying, and as you just lied to me I think your owe me a drink," I nod agreeing, smiling up to his own Cheshire Cat smile, "lets go then."