0. Prologue ✓

🥀

Grim Reaper

My job is to take souls of the people who have completed their time on earth, those who die. I am happy to oblige with my job when I have to take souls of people who die a natural death than people who die from accidents. So, I was very much irritated when I had to stop and take two souls from a car accident.

            People had gathered around the place of the accident. A truck had rammed into a car. The older woman was announced dead on the scene and so was the younger one, until I saw her face.

            I was stunned for the first time in my whole career as the Grim Reaper and that had never happened to me before.

            She was covered in blood, her body parts twisted in different angles which didn't look comfortable. I found that the girl's name was Juliet Summers when I read my list of 'Souls to be picked up'.

            Juliet reminded me of the time when I was Human. She reminded me of the woman I loved, of the time when I had a family and I just couldn't take her. My love was a gift for me and her death was my curse. I took my life after she died but life is funny. Since then I have only been taking souls but this time I hesitated. So I did something I never thought that I would do and gave her life. I could do that-it was against my job description, but against my nature I saved her.

            But I didn't know that my action would have such a complicated consequence.

*