1

NEWT'S P.O.V:

It's been 9 months since our incident in New York and a lot had changed. Evangeline and I published our book, yeah, it became our book. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them became a book with both our knowledge, majority being mine and some of her healing tips. Tina and Hillary had been working a lot more since they became Aurors again and Queenie continued to drift around. Sadly though, Evangeline was travelling with Hillary and trying to find clues about what Grindelwald meant when he said that he didn't kill Jessica, Evangeline's mother in cold blood. She and I are still in contact but it's sad not seeing her all the time. Since we came back she moved closer to me and we became stronger but since she's been gone, we have drifted again. Sitting here 9 months later, I fear that we might have to build our relationship again. I continue to love Evangeline, but it's almost unbearable to not see her all the time. A pulling on my jacket and a little yelp caught my attention from my thoughts to being brought back to reality...waiting in the Ministry of Magic. Lifting my arm I see Pickett clinging to the loose button on my wrist. I look at him kindly and Pickett spins on the last piece of thread before falling onto the floor. We both watch as the button rolls as it comes to rest on the ground a pause occurs before we both lunge for the button. Stopping Pick, I grab the button and as I look up I see a pair of blue heels, feet belonging to my old friend.

"They're ready for you, Newt." Leta Lestrange's voice calls as I stand, carrying Pickett with me. Placing Pick and the button in my secret pocket, Leta gives a kind smile and I look at her confused.

"Leta...what are you doing here?" I wonder.

"Theseus thought it would be good if I became part of the Ministry family." She explained.

"Did he actually say the words 'Ministry family'?" Leta gives a small laugh. I awkwardly smile at her. Ever since I found out she was engaged to my brother and that my Hogwarts friend was coming back into my life, you couldn't help but cut the tension and history with a knife. We start to head down the corridor as I speak again, "That sounds like my brother."

"Theseus was disappointed you couldn't come to dinner. Any of the nights we asked you." Leta looked to me as we continued to walk, but slowing down.

"Well I've been busy." That was half true. I was kinda busy, releasing the book, getting my personal assistant to help out with new creatures. The other half was I just wasn't comfortable and not having Evangeline to help ease a few things, I felt completely lost. So whenever they asked me to dinner, I usually had a way to get out of it.

"He's your brother, Newt, he likes spending time with you. And so do I." Leta says. I felt Pickett move around in my pocket and I saw that he was peeking out.

"Oi, you! Hop in Pick." I ordered him, reluctantly he snuggles back into the warmth of the pocket. Looking back to Leta she smiled.

"Why do creatures love you so much?"

"Well, there are no strange creatures-"

"'-only blinkered people'." We said together. She smiled again and I returned a weaker one.

"How long did you get detention for saying that to Prendergast?" she questioned. I showed slight shock on my face as I thought about the last time I got detention for calling that phase out.

"You know, I think it was a month that time." I replied.

"And I set off a Dungbomb under his desk so I could join you. And Evangeline continued to call out in class to get one too, do you remember?" she asks as we reach the private hearing room I was about to head into, Theseus exiting it.

"No, I actually don't remember that." Finishing my conversation with Leta, Theseus winks at her as I walk to stand closer to him.

"Hello." He greets, more to Leta then myself.

"Theseus." Leta greeted in return.

"We were just talking about Newt coming for dinner."

"Really? Well... Look, before we go in there I-" not standing to hear the lecture of my hearing, I interrupted my brother.

"-it's my fifth attempt, Theseus. I know the form."

"This isn't going to be like the other times. This is..." he signed, taking a breath, "Just try and keep an open mind will you? And maybe a little less-" I watched Theseus look to my pocket as Pickett peeked out, then to my hair, giving a gesture.

"-like me?" I sadly finished. I watched as Theseus spoke without affection as we headed for the door leaving Leta behind.

"Well, it can't hurt. Come on, let's go."