Kunlun Mountain

After a rather hasty marriage to let Wan Qing enter the Fox Den, the matter of Yu'xin's child was still an ominous problem. Bai Qian felt sorry that Yu'xin had to go through such torment while pregnant, and so young.

As for Ye Hua, he'd finally gathered the guts to apologise and admit that he had overreacted.

Bai Qian had ignored it, but after a while forgave him, just as she always did. That was the only thing happy that had happened since Yu'xin left.

The marriage wasn't exactly a happy affair.

Bai Zhen and Wan Qing were happy, but the family wasn't. They still disapproved. Not because Wan Qing used to be a maid, but because just for a woman who was so brazen and demanding, he had chosen to give up Yu'xin, who was a sensible woman, at least sensible enough to make good life choices. And they could tell, Yu'xin loved Bai Zhen a lot, so much that she was willing to step aside just for his own happiness.

But what they didn't know, was that Yu'xin turned up on Kunlun Mountain, seeking shelter.

"Second Brother," She said to Die Feng, who had come out, sensing her aura. "Could I stay here? Just for a while."

Die Feng guessed what had happened based that she was alone, so he immediately agreed. Besides, Mo Yuan wasn't a stranger.

He took her to a guest chamber and told her to make herself comfortable. And then they bid goodnight.

The next morning Yu'xin woke up to birds chirping and a smell of fresh air. She wondered where she was, but a moment later all the pangs of hurt washed back to her.

She sat up to see Die Feng sitting by her bed reading.

"Master says you can go about by yourself today." He said without looking up. "He says that since you are pregnant, the fresh air and healthy environment can help your pregnancy."

Yu'xin was excited at going around Kunlun Mountain. She had only heard of its amazing greenery and environment but she hadn't explored the whole mountain before. And anyway on her last trip here where she'd stopped Ye Hua and Bai Qian from arguing, she hadn't seen much.

At night
Exhausted, she flopped onto her bed. But then she heard Mo Yuan's voice outside the door.

"High God Bai Zhen. What brings you here so late at night?" Her eyes flew open.

He was here?

She sat upright. She was smart, she knew Mo Yuan and Die Feng had arranged this meeting specially and that Mo Yuan was just putting on a show outside.

She opened the wooden door, and told them to clear off before going back and sitting onto her bed.

He's probably here to tell me that Wan Qing is expecting a child, she thought irritably. He just wants to rub it in my face that he's married.

Not so, a voice said in her head. The voice was Bai Zhen's.

She jumped up. Since when had Bai Zhen created a mental link between the two of them?

But of course. It came back to her. It was a summer afternoon. They were both going to war with the Mermaids. Bai Zhen had created a mental link, just so he could rush to her side if she was in trouble, as he could read her thoughts. They could also communicate without speaking.

Was there a way to remove the mental link?

She got up. She had to ask Mo Yuan.

She rushed to his room and hurriedly asked, "have you any idea how to remove mental links?"